2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
awesome
By j on 03/13/05 18:27 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

incredible vehicle, love it to death and will buy a new one.

A performance bargain
By Evan on 03/12/05 20:55 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The STi has the perfomance of a BMW M3 for about half the price. The all-wheel drive with front and rear limited-slip differentials is awesome in the snow (when the car is equipped with winter tires). You can't get a better performing, safer, more reliable car for the money.

The Definition of "Bang for the Buck"
By RoadRunner Meep Meep on 03/12/05 01:01 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Premium Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Leased an '05 WRX in November, and have 6K miles on it. I looked at lots of different cars in the segment, RSX-S(Acura heritage and interior, 6-speed, but stubby exterior, no AWD) Lancer (terrible standard features, and just plain ugly) Mazda 6 (slow, no AWD) and SRT-4 (dude, it'a a NEON!), and there was no comparison with the amazing WRX. Explosive acceleration, killer styling, awesome winter handling, and the most fun you can have under $30K. This was the only car that had it all, and is the most fun car I have ever driven. Do yourself a favor, and test drive this car, It will benchmark all the other cars you're looking at. Now, if only they had a better transmission for this rocket..

Perfect all around vehicle
By Justin on 02/17/05 18:23 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I did a lot of research before buying my Subaru. I narrowed my choices to a Jeep Liberty, Mazda 3, Toyota Rav4, and the Subaru Impreza. The Impreza won out for a few reasons. I was looking for something that was good in the snow since I live in Minnesota. I was also looking for something that was good on gas, but could also be rugged and haul my camping gear. The Subaru Impreza was the perfect mix of everything I had wanted in a vehicle. It performed extremely well this winter in the snow. The car does better than an SUV for gas, but worse than most small cars. I am getting 23 city, 28hwy. Overall, I couldn't be happier with my decision.

Impeza Impressive
By Kathy Hund on 02/17/05 06:10 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

When I went shopping I wanted a Forester. I test drove one; handled great for a larger car. Then for fun I decided to give this Impreza a try. I was very impressed with the maneuverability of this car; the mileage was a factor as was the fact that it could do anything I wanted the Forester to do and handled much better than the Forester. The styling was sleeker, and again the gas mileage was a big plus. It is roomy and it has a good safety rating. Plus it holds its resale value. Couldn't ask for more. This car has HEART.

Love the OBS SE
By losthat on 02/09/05 21:44 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this as a safe car for my 16 year old daughter..and to travel with my dog..guess what....I prefer it over my Infiniti QX4! Handles well, easy to glide into small parking spaces, and is fun to drive. Snow is not a problem! The SE package gives you so much extra for so little. I love drving it. Otherwise what a great wagon for the money. Try it, you'll like it...that's if you can find one.

Was so fun to drive and proven very safe
By bizarro13 on 02/07/05 21:29 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I got my Subie in the end of December and loved it instantly. I admit, I was pretty bad at driving stick, so it took some getting used to, but the car just stuck to the road like it was glued down. The styling is unique. That's the only way i can put it. The ride is definately choppy though. If you want asmooth ride, look elsewhere. This is a sports car. The car proved very safe as well recently when I hit a car parked onthe highway at around 70 mph. The cabin was untouched. I walked away with nothing but a couple of bruises and a small burn from the airbag. It couldhave been much worse. This is a very fun and safe car!!!

This Car Kicks
By Andy on 02/06/05 07:29 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Well designed vehicle! Lots of power, not a v8 so some turbo lag if u don'trev the engine. Grocery getter below 3krpm,but once u hit 4-5k this baby takesoff! The AWD system is terrific! I live in Michigan & during winter I'm passing 4X4pickups/suv's on the hwy @60 mph whilethey are doing 25 waiting for the plowtruck to arrive .The Subie is truly amazing in the snow, I'd say it handles just as well in bad weather as it does during a clear, dry day. Price shot up from $21-28kthough :-( but only a Mustang GT can giveu similar/better 0-60 for the $ but w/o AWD handling or Subaru's bulletproof reliability. Nothing can match its performance or value for the $!

Great Car
By Great Car on 02/05/05 21:03 PM (PST)

Excellent performance, best bang for your buck...

A true driver's car
By Stephen on 02/05/05 14:38 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a car for anybody who loves driving and wants some performance to go along with utility. At this price, I do not know of any other car that provides this kind of performance and handling with 4 doors and all-wheel drive. This car puts you in a special community too: other WRX drivers on the road ALWAYS smile and wave at me! How many other Japanese sedans have that kind of following?