2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
love it!
By judith on 11/15/04 22:35 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

this is great fun to drive: very sneaky, as it doesn't look like the great little sports car it really is. Handling is absolutely tight at really high speed on questionable roads, the turbo kicking in is a lovely thing indeed. This is the best fun I've had in several years!

excellent
By Soo-young on 11/15/04 19:03 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The car is faster then my old fully modified skyline R34. and the handling is better then any 4WD I have driven in my life

Simply Awesome
By narenji on 11/14/04 02:47 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this to replace my Stage 2 Wrx Wagon. It simply amazed me how much more power the Sti has (my wagon was supposed to be around 270hp). The car has great dynamics- accel, braking, handling, and they all seem to go together. The exterior is aggressive, and the wing is obnoxious. I wish the car came with a front mount intercooler and that way you wouldn't have the massive hood scoop either. I prefer a more sleeper look, but the car stays true to its rally heritage with the scoop and the rear wing. Many upgrades are available, but the car is stupid fast already. Sometimes I sit in the car and think, "wow, I actually have an STi." That's a great feeling

The car of the Century
By smurfy on 11/13/04 11:46 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is an amazing vehicle, although it is not as gas efficient as i would like, i would not trade it in for anything, it is the funnest car to drive, just hearing that turbo whistling is music to my ears.

An Amazing Machine
By USA STi on 11/08/04 01:21 AM (PST)

This car is simply amazing. I looked at getting an 03 E46 M3, a 99 C2 Carrera or this beast. Because of my height the Porsche was too uncomfortable and the M3 although amazing, was too uninvolving and everyone has one. So on came the STi. The power delivery, handling and breaking are amazing. I love the way it looks, and the rear wing is there for a reason, at 100mph it adds 50 pounds of downforce to the rear - the car was built with one thing in mind - performance in all areas. If u like performance cars that handle like their on rails, can show up $100,000+ cars and have around $30,000 to spend, look no further, u will not be disappointed. I am so happy with my purchase...

2005 STIBABY
By Gouy on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Is the most fun car I've ever owned. I tread my 03 350Z Track and 04 BMW M3 in for this car.

WRX Sti Is a Serious Performer
By George Pulido on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Over the years I have owned and driven a few cars. The WRX STi rates the highest in it's class. The power in this car comes on smoothly and the handling and brakes are superb. The exterior styling is subtle yet agressive enough to give it a race car look. The interior feels and looks like a true sports vehicle. The seats are confortable and the controls are well laid out for proper reading and operation. Before purchasing my STi, I researched it for a year and compared it to the EVO, RX-8 and Nissan 350Z. All these cars were truly amazing in their own right but the STi just seemed to have better quality finish and construction with higher grade interior materials. This is a fun car.

4 months with an '05 STI
By Ed Campbell on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I traded an '03 Acura RSX Type S for this car, what a change! Where the RSX was an indiffenent performer in the upper gears, the STI gives each one its own personality. I have the short throw shifter, which is stiff and notchy compared to the RSX, but when you punch it in 3d or 4th, WOW! Surprisingly, I think the boxer engine is smoother than the Acura's, so much so that I enjoy holding it in the mid to upper rev range - and what a great sound it makes! The ride is stiff, almost overly so, but there's more noise insulation than in the RSX, so it's actually quieter. Fortunately the roads around Tucson are mostly asphalt. The cornering is phenomenal, I

Post 1,000 mile impression
By just Mike on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

4 cylinders and a turbo... It is absolutely incredible what Subaru has accomplished with this car. "Slotcar" type handling and tons of power. Acceleration, lane changes, passing, and stopping are effortless; you just "think it"... and it happens. Most fun I’ve had in a car in a long time. I almost get a "predatory twinge" while driving this car.

Great Car
By carter haywood on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is a very fast car that has impressive handeling and styling in the interior. Will match just about anything on the street performance wise.