2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Amazing car! You'll be hooked.
By Nic on 07/15/10 18:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my STi used two years ago, and have loved every minute! I live in NE Wisconsin and enjoy twisty roads in the summer on performance tires, and switch to snow tires in the winter. What an amazing car that does so many things well. The mechanical build quality is superb, steering feedback is great and tracks like the cars on rails, and suspension is taught. WARNING: The suspension is firm, most would call harsh. It's a rally car, buy a Buick if your not hardcore about suspension firmness. The drivetrain is a gem. The 2.5 L turbo and 6 speed manual are perfect matches. Fuel economy is great for a performance car, I average 21 mpg with a lot of highway commuting.

Great all around car
By pun on 10/02/09 14:46 PM (PDT)

I live in New England and this car does it all. Bought it brand new with zero miles and now has almost 100k and still going strong. No major troubles. Just your BASIC oil change and filter. 300 hp, how can I complain? Gas mileage is good also for a vehicle with 300 hp. You don't buy the car for the gas mileage it gets, but that's just me. Things that are bad with this car are to be expected. It's a sub 35k car brand new. For the price, it cant be beat in terms of performance, reliability, comfort, and space as a package. You cant expect this car to be your high end 90k price tag amg Mercedes. It's a Subaru...

Subaru is awesome
By STI on 09/20/09 00:38 AM (PDT)

After weeks and weeks of looking for a car I narrowed to 2 and it was a 05 BMW 545 and a 05 sti and after test driving the bimmer I went to test drive to subie and as soon as I shifted to 2nd my decision was made. This car is so fun to drive, I get a kick watching people in my passenger seats. So quick and tough. Subaru has something going with their vehicles they're all good ones.

The Beast!!!!!!!
By GUN-IT on 05/14/09 09:45 AM (PDT)

What a phenomenal car. It handles like a Porsche and accelerates like one too. It's reliable and you can have four people in it as well. Good size trunk. Fun factor in this car is an absolute 10!!!!!

STi Performance with RS Style
By Pitt Boxer on 02/07/09 20:12 PM (PST)

I previously owned an Intrepid with roughly the same MPG, but nowhere close to the responsiveness, handling or acceleration of the Japanese Monster. Prior to purchasing the STi I did a little research on the Evo MR. For the price and resale value, you just can't beat the Subie. Granted the Evo has a slight advantage in most categories, the Impreza is much more fun on a daily basis and as a daily drive. IMO if you are looking for a strictly track car get the MR, if you plan on having a life outside of direct competition, you better bet the STi takes the win. Subaru has an awesome track record, unlike most of its Japanese-American counterparts.

The Ultimate Beast
By 2QIK4U on 11/22/08 05:52 AM (PST)

I've driven many performance cars in my time and I have to say that this car stands toe to toe with most all of them. I've outrun Cobra Mustangs, Dodge Charger SRT8s, older model Porsches, you name it. Phenomenal handling, super brakes, and a nice interior for a race car. Don't forget folks, compare the interior to other race cars, not luxury cars. It's fairly nice for a race car. It eats Vettes. They spin, you win. Awesome car! Period!

I FEEL LIKE AN ADDICT
By leafer on 10/13/08 21:22 PM (PDT)

This car is so addicting that it draws you to the driver's seat and says let's go! The unbelievable power that is pumped out of this four banger is incredible, the car handles corners like it was a straight away, it stops on a dime picks it up, then gives you change. I cant believe the amount of respect this car gets no one wants to race you in fear of humiliation. This is absolutely the funnest car I've ever drove! (P.S. I didn't even notice there was a stereo.) Worth every penny!

The Affordable Supercar
By RallyX on 09/16/08 12:56 PM (PDT)

I have owned this car for 3 years now, and I can honestly say there is no other car in the 30k-45k price range I would rather have. Being in the driver's seat is pure bliss, and the road will bow to your every whim. The turbo engine keeps driving exhilarating, and requires some skill to unleash fully. Interior is spartan but sufficient. Exterior screams "fear me". Fuel economy has been around 22 mpg mixed, which is excellent for such a ferocious car. Have not had a single mechanical issue yet. Take warning: 1. The ride is brutal 2. Car thieves will try to jack your car (3 attempts on my car already!)

Faster than the law allows
By A. D. Goordman on 04/24/08 14:12 PM (PDT)

This vehicle should come with a bio-degradable operator's licence. Although I have received only one speeding citation, it is because of a good radar-detctor and exceptional good fortune. The performance is breath-taking: in addition to unbelievable acceleration and braking, it corners as if it is on rails. It looks like economy sedan on steroids and if it has a single drawback it is the driver comfort that it lacks. The fuel economy is limited by the weight of one's right foot, but that means it is fair-to-poor milage for my driving style. The STi's greatest asset is "Fun" which it has in abundance. It is addictive, so enjoy the abuse if you purchase one.

Awesome Car!
By Thomas on 10/28/06 14:33 PM (PDT)

Great car! I had an 02 WRX before picking up the STi. What a difference. Everything about the car is amazing. A must have!