2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Great car, no complaints here
By mfk3 on 02/13/09 19:03 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 1999 Legacy Outback, went to trade it in and found this 2005 Impreza Outback w/14000 miles on it, I liked the style better than the 2008 Impreza Outback. I bought it as a Subaru CPO car and have never looked back or wanted for something else. In fact I looked at Mustang V-8's first (nostalgia), drove an Impreza RS and I was totally hooked on the Impreza. It felt like more of a performance machine than the Mustang.

Great car, way more fun than many others
By MFK on 12/19/08 07:21 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I used to own a 1999 Legacy/Outback, I purchased this car (2005 Impreza Outback Sport) w/12000 miles and have found it to be a blast to drive. It was literally the car purchased by the little old lady (dealer put in a new clutch before putting it on the lot, I purchased Subaru warranty). Ironically, before I went Subaru in the beginning, I was driving V-8 Mustangs, the Impreza is way more fun, it is nimble, sure footed and safe and has great visibility. Compared to it's peers it is an all weather handling beast without over steer, under steer or torque steer (an FWD plague). The other car I have access to is a 2006 Nissan Maxima...I never touch it.

Impeza Impressive
By Kathy Hund on 02/17/05 06:10 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

When I went shopping I wanted a Forester. I test drove one; handled great for a larger car. Then for fun I decided to give this Impreza a try. I was very impressed with the maneuverability of this car; the mileage was a factor as was the fact that it could do anything I wanted the Forester to do and handled much better than the Forester. The styling was sleeker, and again the gas mileage was a big plus. It is roomy and it has a good safety rating. Plus it holds its resale value. Couldn't ask for more. This car has HEART.

Winter Driving in Wyoming
By kneyda on 11/26/04 01:18 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought this car yesterday. Lots of fun to drive. It went easily up to 7800 ft, wouldn't spin out on ice, and did a 3 point turn in a snow bank. That was the test drive. Today we had 60 mph winds so went out to test it on the highway with high winds and blowing snow. Trackor-trailers were stopped but not the car. In fact, we took it out to the mountains and went off roading in the snow again just for fun!

My 1st Subaru!
By ebravol on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The 2005 Outback Sport Wagon (5-speed manual) is my first Subaru. What made me hesitant about the 2004 model was the placement of the front cup holders. The 2005 Outback Sport has the front cup holders the center console between the seats. Also, there are rear cup holders. The car is very responsive and has great power given the engine size. I am getting about 24 mpg. The rating for city is 23 mpg which is 1-2 miles better than the 2004. My 6-foot friend sat in the back seat and said the leg room was good. Also, there is lots of storage compartments.