2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

2005 Impreza Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Love My Subaru!
By Steve Gosselin

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport Special Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I drive 2.5 to 3 hours a day back and forth to work in New England weather. This is my second Subaru and in the 3 years of ownership I have never broken traction in bad weather. I have never felt safer on the road! I love my Subaru!

Favorite Features

All Wheel Drive, 5 speed manual tranny, upgraded stereo system, cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

Make the seats more comfortable.

Great Car
By Colorado Rural

I commute 60 miles per day and was looking for economy car with a hatchback. I was considering the Toyota Prius, Honda Civic Si Wagon and the Subaru Impreza. I debated the WRX, but the turbo defeated the purpose of gas economy. The 2.5 engine has plenty of power for this little car and it zips along fine. I commute over a mountain pass everyday. I live at 7,000 ft. and used to be white knuckled when driving my old 4x4 truck in the snow. Not the case with the Impreza; handles great in winter weather. After driving it for 7,000 miles, I must say that I have had not one problem with it. Itís reliable, has great power, handles great, feels safe on the road, and was an excellent choice.

Favorite Features

This car handles like a sports car. It has great power and corners better than my old Toyota Supra. Winter handling. The 260-watt stereo has excellent sound. Dimming dome light--a nice feature on an economy car.

Suggested Improvements

A little more sporty look. Wish the car had a winter option with heated mirrors. DC outlets do not work when the engine isnít running. How about factory leather?

Subaru Redeemed
By Ron Kuhlmann

I owned nothing but Surarus from 1972-87 and then went back in 2002, buying a Legacy Outback. The car was virtually impossible to drive smoothly in low gear (manual) and I complained to Subaru for three years. They offered a small compensation amount and just before Christmas it bucked one too many times so I was off to the dealership. I had some trepidation and tested this model in every possible situation before buying. I have had it a month and found it a delight--stable, spunky and fun to drive. I use it for commuting, errands and a very occasional 4-5 hour trip. I am once again a very happy Subaru camper and highly recommend the car for size, performance, and versatility.

Favorite Features

Great sound system, comfortable seats, good pickup.

Suggested Improvements

Leather seats would be nice.