Used 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Love My Subaru!
By Steve Gosselin

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport Special Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I drive 2.5 to 3 hours a day back and forth to work in New England weather. This is my second Subaru and in the 3 years of ownership I have never broken traction in bad weather. I have never felt safer on the road! I love my Subaru!

All Wheel Drive, 5 speed manual tranny, upgraded stereo system, cargo space.

Make the seats more comfortable.

Great Car
By Colorado Rural

I commute 60 miles per day and was looking for economy car with a hatchback. I was considering the Toyota Prius, Honda Civic Si Wagon and the Subaru Impreza. I debated the WRX, but the turbo defeated the purpose of gas economy. The 2.5 engine has plenty of power for this little car and it zips along fine. I commute over a mountain pass everyday. I live at 7,000 ft. and used to be white knuckled when driving my old 4x4 truck in the snow. Not the case with the Impreza; handles great in winter weather. After driving it for 7,000 miles, I must say that I have had not one problem with it. Itís reliable, has great power, handles great, feels safe on the road, and was an excellent choice.

This car handles like a sports car. It has great power and corners better than my old Toyota Supra. Winter handling. The 260-watt stereo has excellent sound. Dimming dome light--a nice feature on an economy car.

A little more sporty look. Wish the car had a winter option with heated mirrors. DC outlets do not work when the engine isnít running. How about factory leather?

Subaru Redeemed
By Ron Kuhlmann

I owned nothing but Surarus from 1972-87 and then went back in 2002, buying a Legacy Outback. The car was virtually impossible to drive smoothly in low gear (manual) and I complained to Subaru for three years. They offered a small compensation amount and just before Christmas it bucked one too many times so I was off to the dealership. I had some trepidation and tested this model in every possible situation before buying. I have had it a month and found it a delight--stable, spunky and fun to drive. I use it for commuting, errands and a very occasional 4-5 hour trip. I am once again a very happy Subaru camper and highly recommend the car for size, performance, and versatility.

Great sound system, comfortable seats, good pickup.

Leather seats would be nice.