2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Handles like no other
By usmm01 on 08/16/09 21:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am a loyal fan of Subaru, our old impreza was a 97 outback sport. This is my first purchase of a turbo. We are pleased with the WRX as usual with handling and fuel economy w/ cruise hwy. 29.5 mpg @ 65- 70mph! City 23mpg. I will own nothing but Subaru.

Versatile!
By DD on 07/19/08 19:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is meant to be driven hard, and it's loads of fun when driven hard. I wish the turbo would be more readily available, but what's really great about the car is the value for money - AWD, Turbo, Sporty, and a Wagon. It's a great blend of features I was looking for. It's practical, affordable, and a lot of fun to drive as a sporty car. It's my first new car, and it's been rock solid so far. No complaints.

Most bang for buck
By KC on 01/17/07 08:15 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I'm writing this review because I just finished my 45-mile commute in the snow and it was actually a pleasant ride. The car is stable and comfortable in any situation: high speed, low speed, rain, snow, dirt or mud, etc. It's not perfect: I am seriously upgrading to a Legacy GT Wagon or an A4 Avant, but for $21k, it's the most practical, fun, and reliable car out there. Just don't expect luxury. 40,000 miles in 1.5 years and no problems except for a few rattles, which is something you'll hear a lot with Subarus. I drive 80mph to work in dry weather (all highway), and I get only 21 mpg, so lack of a 6th speed is disappointing.

Swiss Army Knife on 4 wheels
By Aurora on 09/14/06 09:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've owned it for more than two years and I've got about 42,000 miles on it. I STILL look forward to my commute! I also end up volunteering to drive my friends everywhere. I really can't think of a better car to have purchased. It's done everything from weekend joyrides to moving an impossible loads. The performance and handling have gotten me out of trouble on the road that I might not have otherwise avoided. Reliability has been spotless other than a few glitches with the lock/unlock beeper. Slipping the clutch at 3000RPM produces little lag. Keep the RPMs above 4000 on a twisty road, and you discover the genuine gran-tourismo character of this car.

This One Does it All!
By Peter on 12/21/05 13:17 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After 8,000 miles with this car, I still get excited to take this car out every time I start the engine. The performance is great and acceleration is addicting, especially knowing that it's a wagon. The standard features are adequate, but the 2006 version has much more, but at the cost of a questionable (borderline ugly) front design. Turbo lag is a real issue; the car is just a notch faster than sluggish below ~3,000 rpms. Unless you're launching at 5,000 rpms, expect a slow start until turbo spools up. You can't get a better car for the price. I would not hesitate to buy this one again.

If I could put higher than a 10, I would
By Aliye on 12/05/05 16:36 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My brother first introduced me to the Subaru brand, and even at the very first test drive, I fell in love with this car! I have nothing bad to say about it; it is amazing and sooooo much fun to drive.

Perfect Car
By Trav on 10/08/05 20:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had this car for 5 months now and have nothing but great things to say. It preforms like a champ. The wagon gives extra head room in the back seat and plenty of room to carry stuff in the back. It's the perfect car for anyone in a snowy environment or someone who just wants performance that'll make you smile ear to ear.

Bang for your buck
By carlo on 10/04/05 09:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

2000 miles under my belt in my new WRX wagon and no major complaints. It doesn't excel in any one area, but does a lot of different things really well. It's not perfect, but nothing else in this price range performs like this. It's a true driver's car, so its not always that comfortable, but so what? The all-wheel drive and turbo provide lots of fun on the way to work and the grocery store.

Outstanding all-around car
By wrx on 08/16/05 17:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Fast, reliable, excellent utility. I can haul snowboards to the mountains and take it to a track day and still have a blast. Easily customized. Reprogram the ECU for an easy ~25hp bump. Driveability improves as boost comes on sooner. Short shifter kit also suggested. I only get 22mpg on mixed commute.

true
By rarevos on 06/29/05 14:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Thin sheetmetal, thin paint, notchy shifter, easily customized, fantastic performance, great utility. No other car comes close at this price; nice interior for class. Great seats. Wish the wagon had a sunroof.