2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Great Wagon
By stocksj on 06/07/12 05:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've have my Impreza RS Wagon since new in 2005 and it's always been very reliable in all weather. Mileage is good and it always runs. I've used it as a truck hauling my hobby stuff and gardening things. The HVAC does not blow cold AC from the lower vents but it's no differnt than the 2002 WRX wagon I traded in for this. This car's a keeper for life.

Maybe the best all around car
By Subie4life on 03/09/10 11:50 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just got back from the dealer for a recall. Yep, after 96,000 miles this is the first time I took it to the dealer. What a great car. I've totally abused this thing (from landscaping materials to my 4-60 lb dogs) and it begs for more. I've only done routine maintenance (tires at 50k, oil every 3k) and it's as strong as ever. It thrives in bad weather (torrential downpours here in Miami and trips to the snow in NC). I get not great, but definitely good gas mileage (21-22 city, 26-27 hwy) and it has plenty of room for just about anything I need. Yes...you should buy one. I expect to keep mine for well over 5 more years and 100k miles.

Handles like no other
By usmm01 on 08/16/09 21:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am a loyal fan of Subaru, our old impreza was a 97 outback sport. This is my first purchase of a turbo. We are pleased with the WRX as usual with handling and fuel economy w/ cruise hwy. 29.5 mpg @ 65- 70mph! City 23mpg. I will own nothing but Subaru.

Great car, no complaints here
By mfk3 on 02/13/09 19:03 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 1999 Legacy Outback, went to trade it in and found this 2005 Impreza Outback w/14000 miles on it, I liked the style better than the 2008 Impreza Outback. I bought it as a Subaru CPO car and have never looked back or wanted for something else. In fact I looked at Mustang V-8's first (nostalgia), drove an Impreza RS and I was totally hooked on the Impreza. It felt like more of a performance machine than the Mustang.

Great car, way more fun than many others
By MFK on 12/19/08 07:21 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I used to own a 1999 Legacy/Outback, I purchased this car (2005 Impreza Outback Sport) w/12000 miles and have found it to be a blast to drive. It was literally the car purchased by the little old lady (dealer put in a new clutch before putting it on the lot, I purchased Subaru warranty). Ironically, before I went Subaru in the beginning, I was driving V-8 Mustangs, the Impreza is way more fun, it is nimble, sure footed and safe and has great visibility. Compared to it's peers it is an all weather handling beast without over steer, under steer or torque steer (an FWD plague). The other car I have access to is a 2006 Nissan Maxima...I never touch it.

Versatile!
By DD on 07/19/08 19:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is meant to be driven hard, and it's loads of fun when driven hard. I wish the turbo would be more readily available, but what's really great about the car is the value for money - AWD, Turbo, Sporty, and a Wagon. It's a great blend of features I was looking for. It's practical, affordable, and a lot of fun to drive as a sporty car. It's my first new car, and it's been rock solid so far. No complaints.

Great Car! More fun than newer models!
By Anonymous on 07/06/08 10:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Subaru Impreza sport wagon. It's funny because it was more of a hatchback than a station wagon and it handled amazingly well. I recently totaled it but came out without a scratch! When I test drove the new 2008 Imprezas, they were clunkier, heavier, and didn't take turns as well. I know 3 years isn't long, but I never had a single problem that brought me to the dealer. I'm a huge fan and wish they didn't redesign the imprezas so I could happily buy another one! Great gas mileage, handling, braking, acceleration (for it's price and engine), lots of storage space on the wagonI

Good value and fun to drive
By Brainy guy on 07/15/07 19:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Base model hatchback hauls a lot more than I expected. Where I work it's all large SUVs and full-size 4WD trucks but I have had no problems with clearance through mud and snow and I stick to the road a lot better (and faster) than they do with way better mileage. Base model has enough power for real world and car is pretty rock solid. Did have a rock take out my air conditioning (dealer then put a screen under the grill) and windshields don't take rocks too well, seem to crack easier than they should. All in all, way more fun than a truck or SUV with much lower operating costs. When the 2008s arrive I intend to buy one.

Most bang for buck
By KC on 01/17/07 08:15 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I'm writing this review because I just finished my 45-mile commute in the snow and it was actually a pleasant ride. The car is stable and comfortable in any situation: high speed, low speed, rain, snow, dirt or mud, etc. It's not perfect: I am seriously upgrading to a Legacy GT Wagon or an A4 Avant, but for $21k, it's the most practical, fun, and reliable car out there. Just don't expect luxury. 40,000 miles in 1.5 years and no problems except for a few rattles, which is something you'll hear a lot with Subarus. I drive 80mph to work in dry weather (all highway), and I get only 21 mpg, so lack of a 6th speed is disappointing.

Love this Car!
By Jo on 10/17/06 09:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been wonderful for me! Since the date of purchase I have not had any mechanical or other problems at all. I love driving it around, the car always gets a few looks. This car is not WRX but it still has a lot of punch to it, it's very fun to drive. The only downside is that the mileage is not the greatest, however keep in mind that you are getting excellent AWD performance at all times. On a 60 litre tank of gas, i average about 600km per tank.