Used 2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Great Wagon
By stocksj

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've have my Impreza RS Wagon since new in 2005 and it's always been very reliable in all weather. Mileage is good and it always runs. I've used it as a truck hauling my hobby stuff and gardening things. The HVAC does not blow cold AC from the lower vents but it's no differnt than the 2002 WRX wagon I traded in for this. This car's a keeper for life.

Favorite Features

AWD, reliable, sporty, good gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Better stereo system, improve the AC vents, rattling heat shields on manifold

Maybe the best all around car
By Subie4life

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just got back from the dealer for a recall. Yep, after 96,000 miles this is the first time I took it to the dealer. What a great car. I've totally abused this thing (from landscaping materials to my 4-60 lb dogs) and it begs for more. I've only done routine maintenance (tires at 50k, oil every 3k) and it's as strong as ever. It thrives in bad weather (torrential downpours here in Miami and trips to the snow in NC). I get not great, but definitely good gas mileage (21-22 city, 26-27 hwy) and it has plenty of room for just about anything I need. Yes...you should buy one. I expect to keep mine for well over 5 more years and 100k miles.

Favorite Features

Subaru's symmetrical AWD, sporty, decent fuel economy, Safety, accident avoidance, takes abuse and keeps on begging for more

Suggested Improvements

Only wish radio controls on the steering wheel were an option back then. The new ones have them.

Handles like no other
By usmm01

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am a loyal fan of Subaru, our old impreza was a 97 outback sport. This is my first purchase of a turbo. We are pleased with the WRX as usual with handling and fuel economy w/ cruise hwy. 29.5 mpg @ 65- 70mph! City 23mpg. I will own nothing but Subaru.

Favorite Features

Ultimate cornering machine, style, mpg

Suggested Improvements

Better paint. Center console arm rest is chintzy! More sound proofing in cabin.

Great car, no complaints here
By mfk3

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 1999 Legacy Outback, went to trade it in and found this 2005 Impreza Outback w/14000 miles on it, I liked the style better than the 2008 Impreza Outback. I bought it as a Subaru CPO car and have never looked back or wanted for something else. In fact I looked at Mustang V-8's first (nostalgia), drove an Impreza RS and I was totally hooked on the Impreza. It felt like more of a performance machine than the Mustang.

Favorite Features

Great handling, comfortable, great dashboard and console.

Suggested Improvements

None. Make the turbo standard.

Great car, way more fun than many others
By MFK

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I used to own a 1999 Legacy/Outback, I purchased this car (2005 Impreza Outback Sport) w/12000 miles and have found it to be a blast to drive. It was literally the car purchased by the little old lady (dealer put in a new clutch before putting it on the lot, I purchased Subaru warranty). Ironically, before I went Subaru in the beginning, I was driving V-8 Mustangs, the Impreza is way more fun, it is nimble, sure footed and safe and has great visibility. Compared to it's peers it is an all weather handling beast without over steer, under steer or torque steer (an FWD plague). The other car I have access to is a 2006 Nissan Maxima...I never touch it.

Favorite Features

Great handling, good shifting, good power and an overall good feel to drive. Gauges are easy to read. The cockpit is pretty good and offers great visibility to all sides.

Suggested Improvements

Gas consumption is a bit high (a consequence of Symmetrical AWD).