2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Amazing car!!
By ScoobyRex on 01/22/09 06:53 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my 05 with 15000 miles on it. Great performance car, with minor (about $1500) engine upgrades its at est 285hp/285 tq and runs with most cars on the road!! And I can still haul my daughter and a trunk full of groceries without a problem. I get 22-28 mpg AFTER being tuned to almost 300 hp. I have driven on horrendous winter roads with it (and Blizzaks) and it is amazing--more controlled and sure-footed than the 4wd Explorer I owned in the past. My only regret is not buying one as soon as they hit the US shores in 2002!

2005 Subaru Toy.
By Carlos Juan on 11/18/08 08:04 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It's a great performance bargain, bought mine used for $13,000 with only 37,000 miles. The car runs flawless 227hp, 24/28mpg and AWD makes this one of the best choices for a good all around car. Don't let the teenager car looks fool you because it can surely put a smile in your face. Excellent in city and highway. Easy to make most sports cars look like an economy car from 0-60 and all on a budget.

Great "Middle of the Road" Sports Sedan.
By veespecboy on 05/18/06 11:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I used to drive a 2003 Nissan SER SpecV and the WRX is better in every aspect. Fantastic car to modify. The possibilities are endless. Love the aftermarket/car club atmosphere surrounding this car. Not a better deal for $23k....shoulda bought an STi.

my best car so far
By fuapiti on 04/24/06 22:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I'm a car enthusiast, and a former owner of two Acura Integras and one Nissan 350z and by far my Impreza WRX has been my best ride, sporty yet practical, fast, not flashy, reliable, and most important fun to drive on a daily basis and to own for that matter.

Great car, poor lumbar support
By Cy Martin on 08/29/05 14:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

If you're looking for a fun-to-drive car that's inexpensive, yet fast "out of the box" -- look no further. Yes, an Evo is faster, but you can get a dealership down to $23/24K with research and careful choice of options. Also, I wonder if Mitsu Co. will be around in a decade. For anyone who has a long commute, I would heartily recommend buying lumbar support. Otherwise, after the 1K break-in period, this all-wheel drive turbo fun machine will have you grinning at every driving opportunity. That is, if you can drive a manual transmission. I'm 6 foot with a 32 inch inseam, and have no problem fitting into the driver's seat. The pedals are set for heel-toe driving, so get tapered shoes.

Fun to drive
By Solistide on 08/26/05 01:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is awesome to drive. It is fun, and provides good handling and feel for the road. Not recommended for driving over bumpy roads, unless you want a sore behind. A bit rough, definitely not a luxury car. The interior is cheap; for my car, the seat material was wrinkling up (got it fixed through warranty), drivers visor mirror fell off, stock armrest extension not secured well to the car (quite fragile), and several other issues. This car was definitely meant to be modded (modified).

Subaru WRX is a great overall car
By WRX Fan on 04/09/05 17:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Subaru Impreza WRX is an amazing overall vehicle. It has great pickup, reliability, and styling. For the money I give this car a 12/10. I have had no problems and enjoy driving my 5 speed Subaru everywhere. It always feels good when you see everybody else looking at your car and giving you the thumbs up. The Subaru is a great buy because of the price, safety, and it is fun to drive.

WRX has No downsides
By David on 03/29/05 16:53 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have a '05 WRX in World Rally Blue with 16 inch rims and this car has been so much fun. 13,000 miles on her now and no problems. All wheel drive really helped when a friend and I were caught in a snow blizzard. We never needed chains but I saw that mostly everyone else did; even those big full size and 1 ton trucks need chains on and in 4 wheel drive.

Extremely Multi-Talented Car
By Captain Steve on 03/19/05 15:26 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The WRX is a car that does many things well, but is not particularly outstanding at any one thing. As a sports car person, I never expected to own a 4-door car. But here I am and I'm quite happy with it! At high revs with the turbo working, the WRX has good power and definitely puts a smile on your face.-Handling is very sharp. This means the ride is a bit rough over bumpy roads, but the WRX doesn't pretend to be a luxury sedan.-AWD and 4 doors make the WRX actually pretty practical.-Standard equipment is quite nice. Not outsanding, but still very sufficient.

Awesome car
By AGOW on 03/15/05 10:02 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I drive this thing very hard and it has held up well (except for the time I crashed into a curb while shredding up the snow). This car rocks when it comes to driving in the snow. It is a fun car. This car handles incredibly well and accelerates quickly with the turbo. The turbo lags a little..