Used 2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

YOU WANT THIS CAR!
By kennyinmanhattan

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan w/Sport Package (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Impreza wagon for almost a year now. No issues less a little window screech now and again. I live in Vermont now, and the AWD is superb in the snow (drove to Boston in a blizzard and it was wicked fun!), and solid feeling on wet roads in driving rain as well. I will only be getting a new one when there is a moonroof option and leather seating. It would be nice to have cold weather packages in dealer stock, like wiper warmers, and wheel well warmers to counter snow build up in the front especially. Despite my desire for perfection ... a true winner. My sister has an '04 automatic, and having driven both extensively, I recommend the manual for more power.

Favorite Features

AWD, stereo (premium, with subwoofer), handling, pep.

Suggested Improvements

Leather seating option, moonroof, cold weather packages on stock vehicles. I'm only being wishful here, can't complain.

Week Old & Totalled
By Skie

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan w/Sport Package (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I only had the opportunity to drive the vehicle about ten times before the accident. It handled really well and was fun to drive. The seats became pretty uncomfortable for both my wife and me after 45-60 minutes of driving. I would suggest anyone looking at buying an Impreza to take a long test drive before deciding to buy. I have concerns over the safety of the vehicle from rear impact accidents. Both seat backs broke and were in the reclined position after our accident. In fact the seats went back so far that they bent over the rear seat. We were also pushed into the car in front of us at a considerable speed and the airbags did not deploy.

Favorite Features

AWD, ABS, good gas mileage, reasonable price, no turbo lag, good acceleration, good leg and head room.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable and safer front seats. Better sound system. Remote button to open trunk.

Subaru Impreza RS
By L.H.N.

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan w/Sport Package (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

So far I've had this car for a week, and I love it! It's so smooth and handles the roads very well. I can't get enough of it's cute and sporty look.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the subwoofers that it came with so everyone can hear me coming:) The stereo system overall is awesome. Also, the trunk is much larger than you would think.

Suggested Improvements

My friends always complain that there's not much space in the backseat.