2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Amazing car! You'll be hooked.
By Nic on 07/15/10 18:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my STi used two years ago, and have loved every minute! I live in NE Wisconsin and enjoy twisty roads in the summer on performance tires, and switch to snow tires in the winter. What an amazing car that does so many things well. The mechanical build quality is superb, steering feedback is great and tracks like the cars on rails, and suspension is taught. WARNING: The suspension is firm, most would call harsh. It's a rally car, buy a Buick if your not hardcore about suspension firmness. The drivetrain is a gem. The 2.5 L turbo and 6 speed manual are perfect matches. Fuel economy is great for a performance car, I average 21 mpg with a lot of highway commuting.

Cheap & Fun AWD Car!
By Matt on 02/23/10 17:14 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in September of last year to use as a winter car instead of my Mustang GT. I bought it with 93,000km on it and I now have 104,000km. Obviously, the car is GREAT in the snow. With 4 snow tires, you can pretty much plow your street with your front bumper and still not get stuck. The car is comfortable, but I find the seats somewhat stiff (base RS seats) for longer trips. Fuel mileage is great for this engine and AWD. I've gotten a best of 32 MPG on the highway in the Winter, driving 120 km/hr. I imagine 35 MPG highway is attainable in the Summer. Features are alright. The radio is poor - changing the faceplate helps. Parts are expensive (import). I'd buy another one!

Great kid car
By Dcrespo on 10/22/09 21:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking for a car for my 16 year old son - required ABS, Airbags and AWD (we live in CO). This car has enough power to make it thru the mountains and gets 30 mpg. It holds all his hockey gear and it is easy to find tires and parts.

Great all around car
By pun on 10/02/09 14:46 PM (PDT)

I live in New England and this car does it all. Bought it brand new with zero miles and now has almost 100k and still going strong. No major troubles. Just your BASIC oil change and filter. 300 hp, how can I complain? Gas mileage is good also for a vehicle with 300 hp. You don't buy the car for the gas mileage it gets, but that's just me. Things that are bad with this car are to be expected. It's a sub 35k car brand new. For the price, it cant be beat in terms of performance, reliability, comfort, and space as a package. You cant expect this car to be your high end 90k price tag amg Mercedes. It's a Subaru...

Subaru is awesome
By STI on 09/20/09 00:38 AM (PDT)

After weeks and weeks of looking for a car I narrowed to 2 and it was a 05 BMW 545 and a 05 sti and after test driving the bimmer I went to test drive to subie and as soon as I shifted to 2nd my decision was made. This car is so fun to drive, I get a kick watching people in my passenger seats. So quick and tough. Subaru has something going with their vehicles they're all good ones.

The Beast!!!!!!!
By GUN-IT on 05/14/09 09:45 AM (PDT)

What a phenomenal car. It handles like a Porsche and accelerates like one too. It's reliable and you can have four people in it as well. Good size trunk. Fun factor in this car is an absolute 10!!!!!

STi Performance with RS Style
By Pitt Boxer on 02/07/09 20:12 PM (PST)

I previously owned an Intrepid with roughly the same MPG, but nowhere close to the responsiveness, handling or acceleration of the Japanese Monster. Prior to purchasing the STi I did a little research on the Evo MR. For the price and resale value, you just can't beat the Subie. Granted the Evo has a slight advantage in most categories, the Impreza is much more fun on a daily basis and as a daily drive. IMO if you are looking for a strictly track car get the MR, if you plan on having a life outside of direct competition, you better bet the STi takes the win. Subaru has an awesome track record, unlike most of its Japanese-American counterparts.

Amazing car!!
By ScoobyRex on 01/22/09 06:53 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my 05 with 15000 miles on it. Great performance car, with minor (about $1500) engine upgrades its at est 285hp/285 tq and runs with most cars on the road!! And I can still haul my daughter and a trunk full of groceries without a problem. I get 22-28 mpg AFTER being tuned to almost 300 hp. I have driven on horrendous winter roads with it (and Blizzaks) and it is amazing--more controlled and sure-footed than the 4wd Explorer I owned in the past. My only regret is not buying one as soon as they hit the US shores in 2002!

The Ultimate Beast
By 2QIK4U on 11/22/08 05:52 AM (PST)

I've driven many performance cars in my time and I have to say that this car stands toe to toe with most all of them. I've outrun Cobra Mustangs, Dodge Charger SRT8s, older model Porsches, you name it. Phenomenal handling, super brakes, and a nice interior for a race car. Don't forget folks, compare the interior to other race cars, not luxury cars. It's fairly nice for a race car. It eats Vettes. They spin, you win. Awesome car! Period!

2005 Subaru Toy.
By Carlos Juan on 11/18/08 08:04 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It's a great performance bargain, bought mine used for $13,000 with only 37,000 miles. The car runs flawless 227hp, 24/28mpg and AWD makes this one of the best choices for a good all around car. Don't let the teenager car looks fool you because it can surely put a smile in your face. Excellent in city and highway. Easy to make most sports cars look like an economy car from 0-60 and all on a budget.