2004 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: You must have this car

2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

You must have this car
By JoshuaWRXOwner on

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've only had this car for 8 months, but I can already say that I made a good decision buying the car. Definately a good choice to go with the wagon. All the power, with all the versitility and space. I race my mountain bike all over Wisconsin, and have never had a problem with not having enough space. I would suggest the short-throw shifter and arm-rest extension as extras that are well worth the money. Only gripes with the car is the gas milage and the fact that it runs on premium... but don't get the wrong idea, you don't buy this car for the gas milage.

I am a fan of the 227 horse engine. If you've got the money to do it, go with a bigger turbo, as the stock turbo is quite laggy. The wagon's fold down seats and hidden storage area under the floor mat are nice for someone who camps or hauls a lot of equipment.

So far the only problem I've had has to do with my bike rack not fitting properly on the car. This is a problem only because it is an aftermarket rack, and not the factory Subaru rack. I find that the apholstry in the car is difficult to clean too.