Why buy anything else really?
By chipsahui2 on
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
Just bought an silver wagon and cannot be happier. Before I took the plunge, I was skeptical about the gas mileage as many people complained and gas prices are not pretty these days (My commute is 70+ miles a day). 1800 miles and 3 weeks after delivery date. I don't know why anybody complained about the gas. This thing is amazing with gas. I am very close to meeting the EPA estimates. My first full tank got 24mpg (already content). My last was high 26s (360 on 13.4 gallons). For you lead footers, shift before 3. I still think its enough power to move around. Overall, this is one amazing car. I can't wait until the snow comes. Oh yeah, it's fast too.
Favorite Features
Turbo, AWD, Paid a smidgen over $22k with a few accessories. What a deal. Gotta go with the wagon, it's cheaper than the sedan and increased utility.
Suggested Improvements
Where's the all-weather package? Heated mirrors? Heated seats? Not available for the wagon, what gives? 16" wheels are too tame but Tirerack will help me out after I wear out the less than spectacular RE92.