wagons, ho!
By bkaiser1 on
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
I traded my 2001 Outback for this because I wanted something more fun to drive (more speed, better handling) and the WRX delivers this in spades! Unfortunately, the driver's seat is so uncomfortable after an hour or so that it makes me dread taking it on long drives. After constant fiddling with the adjustments, I have yet to get comfortable in this car. On the test drive, the seats felt firm-yet- sporty...now they just feel horrible. Also, the turbo lag can be agonizing when it's hot outside. It takes a while for the turbo to kick in, but once it does, the car takes off.
Favorite Features
I love the steering -- it's extremely accurate and offers great road feel. The rush of power after 3K rpms is addictive! I've never owned a car that could pin me to my seat the way this car does.
Suggested Improvements
A wider range of adjustments on the driver's seat would be nice! Without being able to tilt the bottom cushion (only raise or lower) there's no way for me to get comfortable on longer drives. Offer the premium package (heated seats/moonroof) on the wagon!!