Totally love my blue bean!
By BlueBean on
2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
Last year, I test drove 2003 Acura (the sporty one - apparently it was forgettable!), Subaru Impreza WRX, Hyundai Tibouron, etc. Favorite of the bunch then was Tibouron, with its comfortable passenger seat. This year was my turn to purchase a new car... test drove the 2.5 TS Impreza Sport Wagon (manual) and absolutely loved it - my first new car! My only test drive this year - It was the right choice. All around, quick and smooth - shifting took me a while to get used to after having a 91 Isuzu Trooper. I don't feel like I'm driving a wagon - more like a little rocket. Redesigned headlights are great and significantly improve the look of the car.
Favorite Features
Power! Well proportioned-power to overall car size to seat comfort.Height pump on drivers seat is helpful for those of us average drivers (5'3")! Major pluses - AWD, cargo capacity, 40/60 back seats, decent stock CD player, $17,000. 2004 Pacifica Blue much prettier than 2003 blue!
Suggested Improvements
Cupholder in center column barely too sall for a soda bottle; other cupholder is located above CD player - doesn't make sense; gas meter does not ccurately present gas quantity available; CD player is starting to skip too hot; position of center storage box is too far back & awkward.