The '04 WRX is tight
By MonkeyMan on
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
I just bought my new 2004 last week and all I can say is, WOW. It may be the smoothest, most fun to drive car I've ever driven. I actually had given up on the '03 WRX cause I didn't care for the front design of the car with the bug-eye looking headlights and all. Then I saw the '04 at a big dealer show in my area a couple weeks ago and I didn't even realize it was a WRX. Subaru did a hell of a job on redesigning the body to make it more pleasing to the eye. Of course rear passanger space and cargo room are limited, which is why I got the sports wagon but that's fine with me since I'll only be in the drivers seat.
Favorite Features
The greatest part about this car is the ride. Super smooth, amazing excelleration, and tight turning. Blowing out expensive sports cars with a wagon is always fun. Good standard equipment, comfortable front seats, and a great new look for the '04 model.
Suggested Improvements
The only problem I have is that they removed the fender flares on the sports wagon. Just cause it's a wagon it doesn't mean it can't have a real sporty edge to it. I guess the cramped back seat is suspect but since I'll never be back there, it's fine with me.