Subarus are truly at home in Alaska
By wolfpack on
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
I've driven subies in Alaska for about 18 years..before most people ever heard of them. The main reason is they long ago perfected reliable all wheel drive. Finally, they added fun to the equation! I got the wagon so I'd have a little more room for camping gear, the roof rack, and the fold-down rear seats. It's also cheaper to insure then the sedan, even though it's basically identical. Go figure. I've only had it about a month, but it's a fun ride. More power then anyone really needs in a car this size, but that's why it's fun. Easily became the car where I'd be tooling along and look down and notice I was going 85 instead of 65.
Favorite Features
AWD, killer subaru heater (a point lost on most, but they make the best heaters in cars), speed and power. Rear seats fold nearly flat. Lots of good standard features, A/C, cruise, power just about everything. No external radio antennae to worry about in the car wash.
Suggested Improvements
Disconnect the e-brake from the headlights. Premium package should be available for wagon. Need more exterior color options. Better "premium" stereo. Include auto-start as an option. Range could be better, but it is a turbo. Might want to increase size of fuel tank.