Street Legal Rally Car
By hotprop on
2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
It'll lope along in 6th at 50 mph. HID's (height adjustable), DCCD, 6-speed tranny, I/C spray, adj. Tach (shift points), and 300 smoothly delivered horsepower. Idles nicely at 500 rpm, lopes along at 2000 rpm. Get it over 4000 rpm and that boxer just growls so nice it gives you goose bumps. The tires are excellent and give good performance, wet or dry, but do let them warm-up. Very responsive handling. Oh, did I mention the BRAKES. Seats four, large trunk, large glove box makes it a car you could live with day to day. You can't buy another car like this for any amount of money. It's a fantastic performance car!
Favorite Features
Dependability, driveability, handling, horsepower. Put a set of snow tires on it and you rule the road. Absolutely the best handling vehicle I've ever driven in the snow (except for a snowmobile). If you want a car that can do SOME THINGS better than this car, bring an extra 50 grand.
Suggested Improvements
A stronger centering spring for the 6-speed. If you're long legged the cruise control stalk will brush against your knee. It needs to be moved somewhere else because one of these days I feel I'm gonna snap it off. A pass-through in the rear seat for ski's. Less understeer at the limit.