STill the best sports car for the money!
By Steve Gunn on
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I absolutely love this car. I bought it looking for a new car to travel with overseas in the military due to its size and I really wanted a sports car. Greatest feature to convince a wife to buy it, 4 doors and seats. It handles great and has all the power you need to get past slow drivers on backwoods roads or into the fast lane on the highway. Only drawback was that Subaru did not offer all-season tire options on this car as it comes standard with RE070 Summer Radials. The day after I bought my STi, it snowed over 2 feet the next few days. I got snow tires and for it and had a blast with the AWD! Everyday driver, ask any STi owner, best car for the buck.
Favorite Features
Powerful engine, great handling, awesome look. Love the driver central controlled differential so I can shift power to the rear or put in auto AWD 50/50. Best brake system on stock sold car. Gets the attention of people who ride with me and makes Corvette owners mad (plead 5th). Easily upgraded.
Suggested Improvements
Offer all season/weather tires as an option. Use ceramic brakes (almost all STi owners I know now use Hawk APS brakes due to the 75-80% brake dust reduction). Most owners I talk to complain about excessive brake dust on OEM brakes. Upgrade stock turbo to 20g bolt-on and bigger intercooler.