2004 Subaru Impreza 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Fun sports car yet fuel

2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

WRX Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual)

Fun sports car yet fuel efficient
By dgman on

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had my WRX for over 3 years now. I almost bought an 04 Mazda 6 instead but after driving each of them, I couldn't get the performance of the Subie out of my head. It is just too much fun to drive. The turbo is a different kind of fast, but the car is undeniably fast. If you are a "muscle car" person who thrives on low end torque, you won't like this car. The WRX is grippy and slow off the line and the power explodes at 3K RPM all the way to redline. Second gear is amazing. If you behave and drive nicely, you can get close to 30 MPG. The trunk is usable. I even have a child seat in the backseat. The car is a 5 star safety rated vehicle. Lots of great features.

Favorite Features

Turbo charged engine. Short-throw shifter. Styling. 4 doors. Hugs curves. Low center of gravity boxer engine. AWD. Boost gauge.

Suggested Improvements

Need 17" wheels (07 has them). Spoiler should be optional. Tinted windows should be optional (I tinted mine). Better stereo speakers. Compass. Outside temp.