2004 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: No more SUV!

2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

Outback Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

No more SUV!
By Gabiker on

2004 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Absolute joy to drive! Plenty of power (any more and I'd be in trouble) and handles and drives so much better than my Explorer. Interior room was a concern, but so far I haven't missed it. I just returned from a 1500 mile roadtrip with mountains, interstates, and some snow, and the car handled it all better than anything I've ever driven. I considered the Forester, but I just liked the sportier feel (and lower price) of the OBS.

AWD confidence, smooth predictable handling, not too mushy and not too stiff. More power than most cars in this class w/o having to go to turbo and premium gas (ie. VW Jetta). Very versatile as long as you don't have to carry many passangers.

I added window tinting, which gives it a more sporty appearence. A moon-roof option would be nice. Warning: Short roof line may limit top rack-mounting options that interfere with liftgate. Just barely enough room for bikes, an extra 3 inches would be nice. Needs seat-back pockets!