my black beauty
By car enthuz on
2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I've owned my 04 sti for about a year and have been pleased! Good everyday car, avg 20 mpg. Lowered so bumpy but drives like a dream. My water pump went out resulting in overheating, resulting in a header job at about 100k mi so keep an eye out for that. Had I caught the overheat before I did, she coulda been spared the trama. The good news, I have an xs exaust and wow, the sound! I've taken down (in speed and sound) many a mustang gt, gto, RTcharger and many v8 trucks with all kinds of loud exhausts. The sound isn't a cheap "bumble bee in a can" sound, its a full "I'm eating your soul" sound. I even put it up to a 1976 stingray (vet) I won, mutually.
Favorite Features
DCCD, AWD, performance is outstanding!, RPM light, gold flake black paint (04/05 only?) w/ gold BBS, excellent in all weather! its been put to the weather test and passed with flying colors. rain, tornado winds, ice, hale, STIs rock it all.
Suggested Improvements
XS 3" exhaust sounds AMAZING! tein lowering suspention is a bit of a stiff ride but immediatly drops torque to the ground and if lowered do not rerout intake to passanger side reservoir if there is enough rain in your area (at any season) to splash water in the intake. SERIOUSLY.