2004 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: I love this car!!!

2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

I love this car!!!
By It's finally mine! on

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car because of it's performance combined with it's versatility. I work closely with several different doctors and have had the opportunity to drive many of their cars ranging from King Ranch F-350's and H2's to Z06 Vettes and BMW Z3's. This STI will easily keep pace with my friends' Vette, plus I have a back seat and a trunk and average 25 mpg. This is the first turbo-powered car I have owned, but the power deliver seems very smooth to me. It is very easy to putt around town in, but even easier to fly on the interstate with.

The boxer engine sound is addicting. Even better is the sound of the turbo spooling up. I like the double overdrive tranny. The lights are like the Sun. I never have to worry about seeing something with no time to stop. The high beams will reflect light over 6/10 of a mile away!

Having the I/C water spray button on the left dash is a reach. First gear tends to rev up way too fast. The ride will rattle your fillings out on the crappy Oklahoma roads. I wish we could have gotten last year's "bug-eyed" model of the STI. It was a little less noticable.