2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great little wagon!

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Review

Great little wagon!
By Tom Thumb on

2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After flipping cars every 6 mos for the past 2 years, I think I've finally found the right balance of everything! Has plenty of room (like my old 4Runner), handles great (close enough to my A4), gets great gas mileage (MUCH better than my V6 Accord)...This car has handling, convenience and character to spare! The boxer engine is just a gem - likes to rev, rock and roll! The 2.5L engine has PLENTY of power and torque, gets better gas mileage than the 2.0L blown version, and costs about HALF to insure. Skip the WRX, skip the 9.2X and check this one out - you won't be disappointed.

Favorite Features

AWD!!, great visibility, handles awesome, love the quirky styling, practically strangles the road...all this for WELL UNDER $20K? SOLD!

Suggested Improvements

Needs a sunroof. Crossbars for the roof rack should be standard. Interior is a bit bland, but nothing unacceptable. You won't win any stoplight drag races, but that's not what this version of the car is about. The cupholders do suck, but it isn't a problem day-to-day.