Great AWD car!
By scheper30 on
2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I've had my 04 Impreza TS wagon for about a year and it has been awesome. I live in Illinois and bought the car in New Jersey, my parents picked up the car and drove it the next day a 1000 miles to me with no trouble. I then drove the car to NJ and back (2000 miles) a month again with no trouble. For a non-tubo model it still has a kick to it from a stop and no trouble passing at highway speeds. My car has 160,000 + miles and runs like new. The cargo area is big enough for what I need, although narrows at the top. All in all I love this car and would highly recomend it. I will definitely buy another Subaru.
Favorite Features
My favorite feature has to be that AWD. We've had a lot of snow and ice this year and my Subaru has been amazing! I never had a problem with it getting stuck or it even slowing down. At one time I was on the hightway doing about 30 MPH when a mini van infront of me spun out of control (did a 540 and kept doing) and I was able to drive right around them with no issues. I also think the interior is comfortable and changing the radio to an aftermarket one was simple and fast (replaced b/c a CD got stuck in it and there was no AUX/USB).
Suggested Improvements
There are only a few things that I would improve/change. The center console is low, but I have an aftermarket extender. The e-brake is on the passenger side of the center area, which makes is difficult to get to with the passengers leg in the way, although this is on the driver side in the newer models. The pedals are alittle close for me (I'm 6') but the steering wheel is at a comfortable distance. I wish there were rear cup holders, is an option but I don't have them and I think it should be standard. There are other options I wish I had but can live without, like fog lights, manual transmision, and all weather package. But I very happy with my Impreza.