This car is pretty much what I
expected; fun and practical. I've
driven Subaru's in the snow before,
and this one should be just as good
My old one was an Outback sport with a
142hp engine. The 165hp in this car
is a very welcome improvement. It can
move. Trust me. And I haven't even
gotten it over 4k rpm yet (still in
the 1000 mile break in period).
The styling is much better than the 03
This car is also a lot more solid than
the older (pre 2002) Imprezas. The
exterior and interior seem to have
moved up a notch in quality. Plastics
aren't as cheap. The doors shut with
a nicely muffled thud.
- Although it is an option, the rubber
tray for the wagon is the smartest
feature I've seen.
- 165hp engine in the small Impreza is
quite powerful. Unlike in the
- Standard transmission shifts nicely.
- Basline stereo stinks. The first
thing I did was remove it and the
speakers and install some after market.
- Visors are still just as bad as the
old Imprezas. Cloth would be nice.
- I miss the storage compartment on
the top of the dash board. They
should put it back in the Impreza.