Fun and useful car.
By Kuth678 on
2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
This car is pretty much what I expected; fun and practical. I've driven Subaru's in the snow before, and this one should be just as good (fun). My old one was an Outback sport with a 142hp engine. The 165hp in this car is a very welcome improvement. It can move. Trust me. And I haven't even gotten it over 4k rpm yet (still in the 1000 mile break in period). The styling is much better than the 03 models. This car is also a lot more solid than the older (pre 2002) Imprezas. The exterior and interior seem to have moved up a notch in quality. Plastics aren't as cheap. The doors shut with a nicely muffled thud.
Favorite Features
- Although it is an option, the rubber tray for the wagon is the smartest feature I've seen. - AWD - 165hp engine in the small Impreza is quite powerful. Unlike in the overweight Legacy. - Standard transmission shifts nicely.
Suggested Improvements
- Basline stereo stinks. The first thing I did was remove it and the speakers and install some after market. - Visors are still just as bad as the old Imprezas. Cloth would be nice. - I miss the storage compartment on the top of the dash board. They should put it back in the Impreza.