2004 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Fourth Subaru....

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Review

Fourth Subaru....
By Kevin on

2004 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am the previous owner of a '77 awd wagon that I logged 300k on and a Legacy GT '02 and an Outback Legacy. I like this Sub the best except one thing. There is a small rattle coming from the rear hatch area that the dealer cannot fix after multiple visits. Just going to live with it. Car handles great and yes, it's worth more now than what I owe and I put nothing down! Really holds its value well. Fast enough for me with 168hp 4 cylinder and cruises easily with the automatic transmission. For those getting sub-par gas mileage ... change the air-filter+ oil frequently and use Chevron gas additive Techroline Plus. It makes a BIG difference. Was 20-22 now 25- 26mpg. I know this car will hold up for 300k.

Well balanced power/weight ratio, inexpensive for what you get, awd and great suspension. Reliable, Reliable, Reliable. Low maintenance, low insurance. Still have not seen a car '05 or '06 that I say -- OH I should have bought that car instead. The practical hatchback awd wagon that parks like a dream.

They made them in '05 -- better stereo, interior. In '05 they announced a premium package that only cost $500 for the stereo upgrade; 330watts/ leather accented s/wheel/shifter/brake, better rims and an upgraded cloth interior.