2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2004 Impreza Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Sort Reviews by

Great Car
By atb0004

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

The only thing i would change is the acceleration "out of the hole." Other than that, it's a great car!!

Suggested Improvements

Better torque/low end power

Only one on the road
By el_picardo

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Could only afford the RS, but I love it. In bad roads and even worse weather it's the best. It is a bit hard to drive slowly though, it just wants to run.I'm a newbie to manual transmission, but this is an easy car to drive. I've only had it for 2.5 months, but any car I don't have to take in for warranty during the first week, is good in my book.

Favorite Features

Engine, this does not feel like a SOHC. It looks great, I was getting used to the "bug eyes", but this is better. It is the only one of it's kind I 've seen on the road, STI's are a dime a dozen. San Remo Red, 'nough said.

Suggested Improvements

Shifting is a bit rough. Foglights should be standard. Spoiler wing is a must. Momo steering wheel.

Great is you live in mountainous areas
By jayp

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car as a result of living in mountain area, and bad winters. I like the fact of all wheel drive of course, but its reliablility,pepppy, safety, fun to drive factor and decent fuel mileage was the winning factor for me. Theres really nothing to compare it to.

Favorite Features

Handling, seats are comfy, steering wheel heft, black interior, all wheel drive.

Suggested Improvements

color choice, wheels look funky, shifter a little stiff

2004 WRX
By LorraineD

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Premium Package(2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I had this car for 3 months now and I love her. It handles very well in the rain, which we have had so much of. The power & feel of her is amazing. It's the best car I have ever owned or driven so far. Very satisfied owner.

Blue 04 WRX sedan
By Rick Dunham

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I live in Massachusetts, so having all wheel drive is a big plus.It is a fun car to drive in any kind of weather. I test drive the Mazda6s,WRX, and Nissan Maxima. Subaru's reliability, all wheel drive, and the fun to drive factor really sold me.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive,6cd in dash convenience,wr pearl color,armrest extension,headlights shut off even if switch is left on

Suggested Improvements

sedan needs fold-down rear seat,stock sound system is lousy at higher volume,paint is thin(small rock chips down to metal),

Totally Cool
By RyOohKieS

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Terrific car, feels like i'm part of World Rally Championship.

Favorite Features

AWD Turbo

Suggested Improvements

None at this time.

The RS 2.5
By Dane0101

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the RS earlier this year and i have never been more impressed with a car which is an underdog to its cousins. the engine provides good torque and is quick off the line aswell with the AWD.

Favorite Features

Front Seats are very nice, big windows, power/ holding option on the auto version gives great control

Suggested Improvements

definately the interior leaves alot to be desired with a very bland dash. also the sound system is terrible , i suggest getting some good sonys in the aftermarket

Power and Style
By CharlieP

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

We just purchased our first Impreza and went with the WRX Turbo. I have owned Legacy models for years and found that they lacked power, especially in the hilly terrain where we live. We wanted a manual transmission as well. This car fulfills both power and style. It doesn't see a hill and loves curves.

Favorite Features

Turbo power and the all wheel drive. The 2004 style and appearance is a vast improvement over previous models.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it came with a standard armrest extension.

What Fun
By Hedley

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Premium Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

This WRX is amazing. Nothing has come loose,fallen off or stopped working, unlike all the American cars I've owned. It's been to the dealer twice, for regular maintenance. It's great in bad weather.

Favorite Features

The build quality. Nothing's broken yet!!

Suggested Improvements

The turbo needs to come in at a lower rev range and cut out sooner, just like the Audi TT which runs from about 1800 to 4000 rpm.

so close to perfection
By wonkothesane

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

just picked up my '04 silver WRX. I couldnt be happier with her. AWD inspires confidence in bad weather, not to say that it makes me drive faster, but it is one less thing to worry about when on the road. Pickup is incredible, even though I havent violated the 4000 rpm limit for the break in period.

Favorite Features

Luv that turbo. Trunk is a good size. The stereo upgrade was nice, but may not be worth it. I would recomend the short throw shift kit.

Suggested Improvements

Make the rear seats foldable, and it's perfect