2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
The real thing
By teaz on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car for its handling and power. For a car this powerful and inexpensive you'd figure that servicing would be frequent and costly, this is not the case as the car's drivetrain and engine components are rock solid and can take a real beating. Had this been an other make, it probably would have some pistons dangling somewhere on the road side. I question the decision to use a 6 speed over a 5 speed as it has a wide powerband. This is a fun car, no regrets at all. Thanks subaru!

My STI
By mrkmndza on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

With 300 HP and 300 Ft pounds of torque this beast goes up hills like nothing. You guyz did a great job on desinging this machine.

cant get any better than this
By tekfoc on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

if you want a car that can do it all this is the car for you.new to the u.s. but not new to the world.a car with real life combat exspieriance called world rally raceing.I strongly recomend that you have alot of driving time with performance cars.and please dont buy your kid this car,you will have lots of trouble.

Subaru Impreza STi Fan
By AngusinMD on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

I was fortunate enough to get one of the first few in Annapolis. I love the car, it is everything I thought it would be in terms of performance. I wanted a car with a huge 'grin factor' to justify all of the hours spent at work. And this car provides the grin factor in spades. I can't really ask for anything more from the car in terms of performance, styling, and fun. It is a sports car so the creature comforts must be overlooked.

good car
By fat kat on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

best car i've ever seen/owned better than evo

Rich Power
By idle0ne on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

i was looking at this car thinking it would be a decent car, i had yet to test drive it and i liked the interior. When i test drove the car i was sold on it, that is by far the fastest turbo 4cyl engine i have ever seen. The price bit my wallet a bit more than i wanted them to, i tried to get the car for invoice but i couldnt get anyone to do that, the best i got was $600 over invoice or around $31k then taxes etc.. i am getting the car for a total of $32,900. I cant wait to open this car up to it's full capabilities but i want to break it in properly and get used to the power so i can control the car and not let the car control me.

Race Car with Factor Warrenty
By mrth3p1ague on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

This is my first 4cy. and I am very very impressed, this car drives like a V-8. The engineering behind this car is truly exhausting,not much was missed. This car can meet anyones driving style, the car can be mild manored if driven properly, if you let the rev's get above 3000 your over the speed limit. This car has truly moved the bar for what a performace car should be. I will have to keep this car for a long time or I will be forced to pay 100k to find something that will compare to the overall performance found in this car.

X STI C
By Strider on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

What a fun car to drive as a daily commuter. Power will definitly get you tickets if you don't practice some self control. Invest in a radar detector (V1)...saved me a few times already. You WILL get people wanting to race you at stoplights!...don't think most even have an idea what's under the hood :) It's just nice to know that you would win in most cases.

47 going on 19
By discolew on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

I didn’t need a new car. I stewed over it for a couple of weeks. But, I convinced myself that I wasn’t getting any younger and besides, the Sti is a great family car. I almost bought an Evo but I felt more comfortable with the larger Sti engine. This car ROCKS! I get an adrenaline rush every time I drive it. This car looks great and has top of the line factory performance. Buyer beware…this is a performance car with a rough ride and road noise. If you are looking for a performance LUXURY car, look else- ware.

I love my 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
By Aaron Davis' Subie on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

I first drove one of these cars back in August 2003. It took me two and a half months to locate the one that I wanted (Platinum Silver) and get the dealer to sell it to me below MSRP. But the wait was completely worth it, and still would have been even if I had had to pay MSRP. It is a great car, fun to drive, and amazing in the rain... so sure footed! Performance is great... my dad has a 2003 Corvette and the STI hangs with it no problem and if it is raining, I leave him sitting there spinning his wheels.