Used 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Something amazing...
By mkaczorowski

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Im not gonna go on for hours and fill this page with its max # of characters, ill simply say.... this car is not only amazing in every way but shows other car producers that they are far from catching up in making such a perfect and reliable car!

Its engine design, the way everything is connected, just makes you open the hood every day and exam every piece by piece!

Interior plastic could look a bit better, and more space for back seat drivers!

OUTSTANDING!!!!!
By JoyceM

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This vehicle is absolutely the most fun to drive. Two guys that I work with (all of us are in our 40ies) told me I would love it, and I do!! It makes me smile every time I drive it. I drove the 350Z and Infinity G35 coupe before I bought my STI. The STI will smoke either vehicle.

Performance, handling.

Cup holder location and emergency brake location. The 2005 has changed both.:) They also added the mats and stereo. The stereo I bough is much nicer that any factory unit, plus I added satellite radio (Sirius).

A Legend in the making
By fuzzydude

Previous car was a 5.0 V8 Mustang and I can say this car obliterates it in terms of performance. The STI has a far better balance of incredible peformance bang for buck. I believe this car will stand tall in the Hall of Fame of Japanese performance vehicles along with supercars like the Supra. Handling is porsche-like, braking is so strong its painful, and acceleration is everything a horsepower nut could want. After 17,000 miles in 90-100 degree weather I am very impressed with the Honda-like quality of this vehicle. Its also much faster than any Mitsu Evo I've come across. Mark my words, it is a legend to-be. It's the '69 Camaro of the future.

Acceleration, braking, handling, full seats, 4 airbags standard, spacious trunk, excellent mileage (if you keep your foot of the gas). Transmission is almost too good to be true, the softest shifting 6 speed yet strongest feeling tranny ever! Did I mention adjustable f/r torque distribution?

I wish Subaru would keep the 2004 exactly as it was, but alas, they added more weight and didn't help much with a weaker helical front diff in '05. Other than wider wheels, the handling improvements are non-existent and the wing is still as oversized as ever.

Pure Sports
By joe11111

Great car if you are looking for a pure sports car with four doors. I have had no problems since new and is the best car I have owned or driven. I would not trade this car for any other car that I would have to pay for.

Great handling and power.

Recaro seats.

Great car!
By zimm

The STI is simply awesome. Very fast, handles great, has incredible brakes, and has the functionality of a 4 door grocery getter.

Power, brakes, suspension.

Option of not having the wing. Stiffer anti-roll bars.