2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
STI vs EVO - I've owned then Both Now.
By bobspeed on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just got rid of a 2003 Evo after 1 year, and just got a 2004 STI: Both cars are just like the press says - But I give an edge to the STI. One big blast of a ride, the STI does have a more forgiving a ride than the Evo, has a better interior, and has a cruise control (Mitsu you listening?). Seat of the pants tells me the STI's 29 more horses and 27 more lbs torque are for real. Handling - both handle different and require different techniques on hard cornering. The Sti just a little lift throttle oversteer to set the apex, then punch it and watch the thing scream. I'm a speed junkie and the STI is just that much more than the EVO.

The muscle car killer
By Peleg on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is just pure amazing. It can out accelerate almost any rival, it handles like a dream on turns and can stop on the dime. The interior is very nice, the seats, steering wheel, pedals, everything. The exterior speaks for itself. If you're looking for an ultra high performance sedan, that is practical and reliable, starting under 30K, you must check this car.

WRX STi
By disalvoj on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

With 300hp this vehichle is awesome! The unique looks and the engine make the STi worth the money.

5 months old and loving it
By milehighsti on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

As a true car guy I was looking for a fun daily driver. Living in Colorado the car had to be AWD and reliable. I usually don't keep my cars for very long. I think this car will be different.It's very fast, handles well and has great brakes. I did install Blizzak LM-22 tires for winter use. This is a must. I would buy this car again.

Hot Subaru
By peter remy on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

This is the most fun I've had driving since my college club racing days of driving Porsche Speedsters. Living in the Rocky mountains I can't think of a better car-snow,sleet,ice,rain and curvy roads. But you have to stay alert to drive this car.Due to the high torque and quick acceleration you have to judge road conditions before you stomp on it.

fast
By bobobbob on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

this car is fast all whheel drive turbocharged and did i say it was fast

Greatest AWD sedan available in the USA
By ric01 on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

To anyone thinking of buying this car- DO IT! The power, transmission, ride, handling, styling is all good. The car has been built really well and it will outperform Audi S4, BMW M3 and anything that costs $20k more. Its quiet and refined when you need it to be and a beast when you need that too! (Snorting, tarmac-shredding, fire breathing and ALIVE.)

Love it...but changes needed
By JARDKER on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Subaru has made a wonderful car but no one is 100% the first year. I expect small changes in the future to make this beast into THE CAR.

The Best
By Jackal on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

This is simply the closest thing to a WRC car most of us will ever get to drive and it is simply stunning. Push this car to the limit and you will be rewarded.

There's a new Sheriff
By threeblockwheelie on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

I test-drove my scoobie on a cold, rainy night during rush hour. I pulled out onto the freeway feeder and stomped on the gas. Never before have I experianced anything like it in such unfavorable conditions. Amazing acceleration. A good, balanced handling and steering package, a very rough ride, and a little more understeer than expected. But mash the gas and other drivers are just sitting still - fantastic. It's your chance to own a true musclecar. Those Playstation kids will want to hug you.