2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Fun work days and weekends
By WheelBenderMender on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I use the WRX Wagon for work and pleasure. I truly have to haul "stuff" (wheels) and fold the rear seats down for that. In comparison to a full grown station wagon or truck it is 10 times more fun to drive. I enjoy my "work" becuse of it. Yes, I am looking forward to every haul.

ts wagon
By MJG on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The TS2 wagon is sporty, responsive in handeling and acceleration, and fun to drive.

No more SUV!
By Gabiker on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Absolute joy to drive! Plenty of power (any more and I'd be in trouble) and handles and drives so much better than my Explorer. Interior room was a concern, but so far I haven't missed it. I just returned from a 1500 mile roadtrip with mountains, interstates, and some snow, and the car handled it all better than anything I've ever driven. I considered the Forester, but I just liked the sportier feel (and lower price) of the OBS.

Great Car For the $
By lotboy on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a good car to have if you drive a lot especially.The TS is stable to drive in adverse weather conditions.The cars weight keeps it planted well on roads. Engine power is good for both city and highway driving,with a power band that produces even power thoughout. Everyone looking for a car in this price range should drive it to compare with other cars.This car is worth your time,especially if you test drive it in slippery road conditions. Give it a try!

Snow, mud and backpacking
By tdxtys5rte on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

As an outdoor person, the WRX wagon cannot be beat for the fun, usability, reliability and cargo. A mechanic by trade, I could not forego the reliability of Subaru when compared to its European counterparts. I have had it a little while now and still make excuses to drive to the store or any other reason to go out in the snow and play. With a rear sway bar kit from Hotchkis, the car, even as a wagon rotates perfectly on its second setting. Great car at a great price. Managed to get it for $21,900 with 16 miles on the clock from the dealer after several hours of negotiating. Couldn't recomend it higher at the price, functionality and fun factor.

Excellent Car but needs improvement
By iluhva on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The car handles very well on snow and ice. Car handles beautifully in winter blizzard going 70 MPH on a very dangerous road. On the bad side fuel economy can be better. On average I get 21 MPG which is poor considering vehicle’s size and weight and that is has 4 cylinders. The design can definitely be improved. Subaru has a lot to learn from German automakers. It is comfortable for a driver but passenger seat and the back seats are very cramped and there definitely is a need for a cup holder or two for the back seat passengers. Mirror and wiper defrost are a must for a car that was meant to handle cold weather well.

Wipe that grin off my face!
By Let_It_Snow on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

2 years in the Forester started me off. But my new 2004 TS has completed my journey. Dry city conditions are met with a torque to weight ratio that bridges the gap between a smooth Sunday drive and tight sporty sortie - your choice. The low end torque and smooth, short throw shifter combo will satisfy the technical pilot in us all while the firm suspension and boxer style engine is responsive yet offers a comfortable ride. Now for the Quebec winters... OMG snow, please don't go. Subaru (AWD) winter confidence is addictive, fun, predictable and why I got a Subaru.

bestcarever
By pan merm on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

this is the best car ever made after mercedes slk amg

Excellent car for this price
By wend on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Good horsepower, decent acceleration, excellent handling, spacious interior, fun and sporty looks makes it a good choice for anything under 20k. Go for the silver exterior color.

Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
By runfourit on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is rugged, roomie, and sporty all in one. We love how the seats can fold down for extra space or that we can put the seat up and our dog can stay in the truck area, but there is a small problem Subura does not make a pet grate for this model. It does have a rubber tray that collects anything that our dog brings in with her. Even though the car is a four cylinder it is very peppy and the independent breaking system is awesome. The ride of the car is smooth because of the high raised suspension. Overall though we are very satisfied with the car and would recommend it to our friends.