2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
WRX STi 04
By f1wrc2003 on 04/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a Great Car. More than I expected.

Great Car
By jo151 on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

All i can say is that for the money this car is excellent. I think for any price this car is a good choice because it can be driven all year long. If you need only one car this should be it. I was considering a 911, boxster, corvette, and M3 but they all require a separate car for the winter. Besides, after driving them all i came away more impressed with the power, grip, and brakes.

It does it all
By Nighty on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car does everything I need at this point in my life. It has four doors, all wheel drive, and a good size trunk. But the best thing is the unbelievable power from this "family car". Buy one...you wont be dissapointed!

The search is over....
By Banjocut on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

I have finally found a vehicle that combines all the features I'm looking for. The performance both in power and handling, plus the abilities of a 4 door sedan. There's no substitute (aka Evolution) as far as I'm concerned.

fun to drive
By inxs on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

i have enjoyed my sti, it is fast and does well in any weather. the awd is awesome in the snow. it beats most cars in the dry weather, and all of them in the snow.

Sti-L & Purrrrrr4Menz!
By MikeV on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

At $31K, this car provided the Best Bang for the Buck! I had high expectations when purchasing, and I got so much more than I anticipated. People think I'm crazy for buying this car for a daily 80-mile round trip commute, but I say they're crazy for driving anything else! - Speed off the line! 300HP! - The style forces people to check it out, give me the thumbs up or ask questions about it when they're at a light with me. - ALL WHEEL DRIVE ALL THE TIME. Snow & rain are not an issue - I look forward to these conditions. - It's 4-Door and fits 5 adults. I can drive everyone to lunch again! - It's rare that you see them on the road due to limited production.

Why no wagon?
By ROC on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Excellent car. Just curious: Any others out there who would like this vehicle in the wagon version?

For love of a car
By Kiriel on 03/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

I wanted a WRX from the time they came out. When the STi came out, I decided to get it instead. I am very glad that I did. When I finally do get a different car (years down the road, and my STi has been driven into the ground) it will have to be even more amazing than this one. I love driving it. It is the most fun I've had in a long time. We might even have to get my husband his own.

Best Performance Bang for the Buck
By hySTirical on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

What's not to like about a car that can give Porsche Turbos a run for their money on the road and cost you less than your average entry-level luxury snoozer? You get the convenience of 4 doors, an enourmous trunk, and respectable gas mileage. Plus, you get the safety of Subaru AWD standard. 'Nuff said.

world performer
By xfd on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

One of the best all around performance cars in the world...for a bargain. Most cars of this level cost 2 to 3 times the price. Also very good detail work like the STi logo on the tail pipe... as for everything else let's just say.. you can take it to the race track right out of the box!!