2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Fine Vehicle
By Dick990 on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have leased a 97 Imprezza for 3 years. I bought a 2000 Imprezza and drove it until I bought the current car. The only thing that has ever gone wrong was a burned out LED on the cruise control switch on the 2000. I lived with that with no problem. These are wonderful small cars getting an easy 32+ mpg on the highway. I will be moving on to a Forester because I am getting old and like the additional safety

Great car, but room for improvement
By subnewbie on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My experience with my '03 2.5 TS has been great. I have upgraded my OEM 15's to 2002 stock wrx 16's. The impact, although minor, has been great. lighter/tighter feel. will be upgrading to a cobb exhaust soon.. My issues are, the crappy stock cd player they give you. i've already had to replace my first one under warranty. the second one is better but it still has issues with playing burned cd's. and the sound at interstate speeds is a little loud. kind of light body frame as well, not safe feeling.

Lovin' it
By Impreza2004 on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Driving mountain roads is challenging when dry - try three weeks of 1 - 3' of snow! Even in newer snow/slush - no apprehension (and this from someone who has rolled a vehicle at 45 mph on a straight, dry stretch - inexplicable accidents do happen). Needless to say, the "ready to roll" feeling has changed from one of apprehension to one of - let's go and drive. Also, driving 5 hours at a stretch presents no bodily discomfort.

2004 Wagon turbo WRX
By Don_M on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am very satisfied with my purchase of my 04 wrx turbo wagon. I would highly recomend this car to anyone. It handles wonderfully in the snow and rain.

Great AWD Vehicle
By R. Aubuchon on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car handles very well in the snow.

Best AWD For The Money
By jparees on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After researching AWD wagons under $21,000, We decided on this car.It has more than lived up to our expectations.With more than adequate power(165HP)and a smooth 5sp transmission, it handles mountain roads under all conditions(wet or Dry). The breaks are excellent and its handling is responsive.With the seats down,it has 61 cu.ft. of cargo room. And with the top rack it provided plenty of space for camping gear. Additionally, we averaged 27.5mpg on the trip to Yosemite.

First Subaru, but likely not my last!
By racer on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After my VW GTI gave up the ghost, it was time to look for a suitable replacement. Having had VW's for so long, I looked around and test drove the much written about WRX, in wagon form. What a fun car. Strong acceleration and handling. AWD. Hatchback versatility. Good fuel economy. Now after some 9,000 miles in 6 months that included hot summer trips, great fall getaway drives and snowy commutes, I can say "what a great car!" My only true complaint about the car, which has been voiced in other forums, is the decidedly WEAK A/C. The car just never seems cold enough inside on 85-95 degree days.

fun drive for low $$$
By cfe on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Traded Lexus RX300 for WRX & feel 20 yrs younger. Very fun w ample storage for activities. 9500 mi. Took time to learn power characteristics (weak low end). Rough throttle tip-in w somewhat lumpy power band. Superb traction & AWD system. Very tossable w some understeer (sedans have bigger rear sway bar than wagons). Likes being driven aggressively. Easily squirts though traffic. Stable & relatively quiet hiway cruiser (w16s, 17s noisier, rougher ride based on test drive). Some rattles but curable. Solid chassis. Stereo upgrade barely acceptable. Better mileage than expected. Exceptional paint. Would buy again. Great dealer experience.

Impreza a good little hatchback wagon
By Subaru convert on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My first foreign car purchase. I've never had 4 wheel drive before either. So the Impreza was an all-around new experience. A good experience so far. Looked at the Matrix/Vibe, loved them but for a lower price got a loaded Impreza TS Wagon in AWD. Also looked at the PT Cruiser.. great storage space but performance, lack of AWD and very poor gas mileage. All in all very happy.

WRX Wagon 2004
By JimDeBois on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My son bought a 2002 WRX and I fell in love. I needed the Wagon so I bought the WRX Wagon with the 5 speed manual. I love it!