Used 2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Still Breaking In
By BooSTi

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car has a lot of power. That is probably the selling point for all buyers. I only have 900 miles on it and I'm currently getting around 16 miles per gallon which is still horrible. When the optional STi short shifter was brand new it was VERY notchy and hard to shift but its improving. The lock on my trunk doesnt always unlock itself when i use the alarm and this is becoming very anoying. Besides that the car is a overall good buy and I'm satifyed. I'm glad I chose this over RSX Type-S.

Favorite Features

Power, Pearl Blue, Turbo, Momo Steering Wheel, Comfortable Seats, Armrest, Center Tach, Boxster Engine Tone, Aluminum Pedals, Visibility

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy (I dont even drive it hard), Rubber window sills look like they wont last, Shifter could be smoother, Radio is average, Long clutch

2004 WRX
By Andie17

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a wonderful car. Fun to drive, handling is fantastic and it is faasst. The WRX is a trend setter - notice how many new turbo cars are now being offered - and few are AWD. It's a great bang for the buck. I have the WRX with the premium package and the car was still very reasonable. If you're looking for a reliable, fast car with a lot of punch, and a car with a lot of character - the WRX is worth considering. The new look (non-bug eye) is more my taste than the 2002 and 2003 style. The only con to the car is that the interior can be made a bit more substantial looking, and that the sedan doesn't have 60/40 rear fold down seats.

Favorite Features

Love the engine - very fast. The car is easy to upgrade if you're interested in even more power. Great dash and like the upholstery.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a 60/40 rear fold down seat. Upgrade some of the interior features - i.e., door handles - cheap looking plastic.

I love my REX
By ollie18

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Premium Package(2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is one fantastic car. The handling is phenomenal, the acceleration is awesome - it's a blast to drive. I feel so safe in the car. It responds incredibly well. I tested a lot of cars before I got the WRX, such as the Accord V6, Celica GT-S, Mazda6 S, (and others) and none of them compared to the WRX's performance. It's a monster AWD performerIt's a great bang for the buck!!!!

Favorite Features

AWD (of course), Gauge Cluster (center Tach), premium package is wonderful, and the bolstered seats are great.Superb handling even in inclement weather.

Suggested Improvements

Definitely need to get 60/40 fold down seats, 17" rims should be standard,the door handles are cheap plastic.

SCARY
By Arthur Lawson

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I have owned 2BMW m-3 sedans,2 twin turbo z cars, a supra twin turbo, 2 corvettes, a taurus SHO,a VW gti 1.8t,and an audi quqttro,this WRX has been so reliable it is scary !!!!!!.No problems.Only slightly warped rotors due to frequent downhill driving.This is the most reliable car I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Momo steering wheel,handling in all weather conditions,reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Better brakes on base car!!

Excellent
By gregcase

It has been an excellent vehicle. The car is very good in the dry and snow, and phenomenal in the wet. It feels very solid, and I have had no problems during the 57000 miles I have put on it. It is very fun to drive, gets decent fuel mileage, has plenty of interior space, and is a very parctical car. When you wear out the OE tires, I strongly recommend some high performance tires like Bridgestone Potenza 750s or S-03s. They make a great dry and wet car even better.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive, engine, In-dash 6 cd changer, steering wheel, seats, handling

Suggested Improvements

When you wear out the OE tires, I strongly recommend some high performance tires like Bridgestone Potenza 750s or S-03s. They make a great dry and wet car even better. Also, snow tires during the winter if you will be driving in snow is the best choice for any vehicle.