2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Stealth bomber
By 04WRXwagonowner on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

In silver the sport wagon attracts little of the attention the WR Blue vehicles do. Very enjoyable from 75 to 110 in fourth gear. All wheel drive is excellent in changing conditions (dirt,gravel,rain,slush, etc.). Once moving, it has the go of my V8 Mustang, but is more stable at high speed and MUCH safer in the wet.

Subarus are truly at home in Alaska
By wolfpack on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've driven subies in Alaska for about 18 years..before most people ever heard of them. The main reason is they long ago perfected reliable all wheel drive. Finally, they added fun to the equation! I got the wagon so I'd have a little more room for camping gear, the roof rack, and the fold-down rear seats. It's also cheaper to insure then the sedan, even though it's basically identical. Go figure. I've only had it about a month, but it's a fun ride. More power then anyone really needs in a car this size, but that's why it's fun. Easily became the car where I'd be tooling along and look down and notice I was going 85 instead of 65.

Stealth Wagon!!! Glad I waited for 04.
By SeaBiscuit on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Glad I waited for the 04's - redesign is stunning with mucho BIGGER scoop, sexier front end and rear tailights, interior ceiling is upgraded (was cheepy in the 03), headrest/seat is combined (cool), seats are more bolstered with improved fabric, Tach in CENTER with silver edgings around gauges, paid $1,100 for aftermarket sunroof (love it). Car handles beyond my expectations. Look forward to my commute now and constantly look for other WRXers.

Family man sees the light
By formawi on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I'd been sentenced to the past few years to a Volvo sedan. I've two little kids, and somewhere I'd heard that Volvos were safe. But I'd been eyeing the WRX for a couple years now, and finally took the plunge a couple weeks ago. It is a revelation. The feel is near- european, much superior to the mazdas and nissans I tested, though still not as vault-like as the Volvo. The acceleration is as filling-shaking as you'd expect. More interesting is the handling. Throw it into a curve and torque it up, and there's not an ounce of slide or wobble. I don't get where people say the back seat is small. I cram my kids in there and they love it.

The '04 WRX is tight
By MonkeyMan on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I just bought my new 2004 last week and all I can say is, WOW. It may be the smoothest, most fun to drive car I've ever driven. I actually had given up on the '03 WRX cause I didn't care for the front design of the car with the bug-eye looking headlights and all. Then I saw the '04 at a big dealer show in my area a couple weeks ago and I didn't even realize it was a WRX. Subaru did a hell of a job on redesigning the body to make it more pleasing to the eye. Of course rear passanger space and cargo room are limited, which is why I got the sports wagon but that's fine with me since I'll only be in the drivers seat.

Best car I've owned
By Swarmlord on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Fantastic commuter car, long haul car or even light off road weekend fun.