Used 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Sport and Utility
By gibjer

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my second Subaru, after owning a 2 door impreza L I found I needed a little more room. The rear folding seats allow for enough carry space to allow me to haul most of what I need around, and works perfect for transporting equipment for my job. On the weekends is when this car really shines, has enough power and grunt to keep me happy through the twisties, as well as on an autoX course.

Favorite Features

Upper level power band, cargo room, fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Please drop the Bridgestone RE92s for stock tires, they are all season tires, but do not preform well in any season.

Don't hesitate to test-drive-purchase
By Nigel

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I think of this car as an Abrams tank for the Average Joe. It is reasonably priced, bullet proof and has turbine engine-like performance. I feel quite safe in nearly any driving conditions and very much enjoy the reliability Subaru is famous for.

Favorite Features

Build Quality. Unlike many domestic manufacturers, this car has NO rattles, loose stuff or cheap pieces that can't wait to fall off or break.

Suggested Improvements

Different wheels. Although I like the wheels, they are the same ones that ship with the TS/RS. A little variation to denote the WRX would be nice.

2004 Wagon turbo WRX
By Don_M

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am very satisfied with my purchase of my 04 wrx turbo wagon. I would highly recomend this car to anyone. It handles wonderfully in the snow and rain.

Suggested Improvements

I think the middle rear seatbelt attachment needs to be reengineered. It requires a thin object inserted into a slit to release the seat belt attachment to the seat. It should be redesigned so that it would have a more accessable release

First Subaru, but likely not my last!
By racer

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After my VW GTI gave up the ghost, it was time to look for a suitable replacement. Having had VW's for so long, I looked around and test drove the much written about WRX, in wagon form. What a fun car. Strong acceleration and handling. AWD. Hatchback versatility. Good fuel economy. Now after some 9,000 miles in 6 months that included hot summer trips, great fall getaway drives and snowy commutes, I can say "what a great car!" My only true complaint about the car, which has been voiced in other forums, is the decidedly WEAK A/C. The car just never seems cold enough inside on 85-95 degree days.

Favorite Features

1) All Wheel Drive 2) Turbo motor. mmm 227 hp! 3) Hatchback versatility 4) Good fuel economy despite a heavy right foot

Suggested Improvements

1) A/C system - just not strong enough to cool the car on hot summer days. 2) The optional upgraded stereo is not as good as the competitors - too few speakers and not enough power.

WRX Wagon 2004
By JimDeBois

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My son bought a 2002 WRX and I fell in love. I needed the Wagon so I bought the WRX Wagon with the 5 speed manual. I love it!

Favorite Features

Performance, reliability, AWD, cargo room, stereo, looks great!

Suggested Improvements

Real Carbon Fiber replacements for the interior, I don't want stick on's. Satellite radio upgrade option and an option for a Garmin type computer mapping system. I really wanted a WRX Wagon STI.