2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
If I needed one car to do everything....
By Chad Cummins on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is the Champ at doing everything well. Sports car feel with small SUV cargo and sedan milage. Price is very good for what you get.

WRX Go Go Go
By rjones1138 on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Nitpicking, the back seat is small and the interior is smaller than some cars in the class. Uh, it should come with trunk straps to hold things in place :). This car is always super fun to drive.

WRX as good as my M3
By salligator on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

To me a Subaru makes a great winter snow car. This time I bought a WRX, since my summer car is a BMW M3 convertible. Except at very low RPMs, the WRX might as well have an M3 on it. The handling on a very narrow twisty road is as good as the M3, and the accelleration as long as you stay above 3000 RPM is also about the same. But the WRX has more features, it does not transmit potholes to your back, it goes in snow, and it has all weather performance tires that do not require replacement every 13000 miles.

Fun wagon
By BLUWRX on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I shopped around for something w/awd, with decent gas mileage, and some good power for around 25K.This is it! Fun to drive, great safety, decent room for ski or golf gear. Got the short throw shifter, autodim mirror, arm rest ext. (should be standard), bumper cover, extended warr. All for the price I expected. I'm very happy so far, with exception of the stereo.

Best Car for Fun and Family
By exp_deal on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my WRX last weekend. I am very impressed with it. Not to mention the great horse power and acceleration that everyone knows about, the interior is actually very good and up to my taste. Some people complain about the cheap interior. For those who are doing research, you must go to dealership to see it and test drive it. It's not luxury, but it is not cheap either. The ride is much more quite than I expected. The basic sound system is not bad as well. I have a big cargo room and a roof rack that I know I would appreciate someday. For fun, family and practical use, this car is simply the greatest for the price.

Good Car, could be great
By VOLFAN on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love this car for it's all around utility, performance and price. I am a little disaapointed in some of the build quiality but I knew this going into it as many others have complained of thin paint, thin windshields, and build quality just slightly better than a Dodge. My biggest concern is the CEL that has now come on twice and I have only driven the car 125 miles! Loose fuel caps can cause this thing to light up?! Sounds like SOA needs to redesign that. I love the car though even though it is quirky

wagons, ho!
By bkaiser1 on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I traded my 2001 Outback for this because I wanted something more fun to drive (more speed, better handling) and the WRX delivers this in spades! Unfortunately, the driver's seat is so uncomfortable after an hour or so that it makes me dread taking it on long drives. After constant fiddling with the adjustments, I have yet to get comfortable in this car. On the test drive, the seats felt firm-yet- sporty...now they just feel horrible. Also, the turbo lag can be agonizing when it's hot outside. It takes a while for the turbo to kick in, but once it does, the car takes off.

It hauls!
By adamcera on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Still in the honeymoon stage. I am trying to learn a car w/ turbo. The lag in the low revs is unbearable at times. The understeer needs to be adjusted. Good build quality and sporty-feeling, but not as "nice" as the '03 Jetta we own. Great power, Great utility. It hauls! Love the smooth turbo.

Don't bother with the automatic
By Bruceee on 07/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Turbo doesn't kick in until 2800 rpms. If you get an autotrans your shift will always occur just as the turbo is kicking in. I have spent more then half of my life driving, and it has been exclusively in auto trans cars. Despite this I have bought the mantrans wrx. I have stalled blocking traffic in all directions during rush hour. I've had bus drivers pull along side me open their doors and just stare at me. I come out of this air con'd car looking like I've been in a sauna. Once I master the mannytranny, I think I will love this car.

Tons of Fun and Practicality for 23 G
By LenEun on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is one demonic wagon. Addictive turbo boost and handling that comes alive at speed. You can blast into a 25mph corner at 60mph in rain and it won't lose that AWD grip. Just so much fun to drive, yet there's more cargo room than a CamCord, that is if you don't care for the backseat. Yes, the overall refinment is not up to the 25G mark and it's not the fastest car under 25G anymore either, but when you have this much fun and practicality, you have to give up something. So if you want refinement and some fun, get an RSX or a Mazda6. If you just wanna go fast, get an SRT4. But for me, this is the perfect combo of everything I need, plus some more.