Used 2004 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2004 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

$30,000 Porsche
By LABARINTH

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had my STi for a few weeks now and it is amazing. The interior is beautiful. The chrome accents give a hint of luxury to this almost strictly performance car. It has more torque then the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution and you feel every bit of it. When you push the gas you can feel your back being pressing into the seat. Even with all this power the ride is amazingly smooth. The handling is quick and responsive. The car also doesn't have quite as much of the "teenagers Honda" look to it as the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution does. All in all this is in my opinion the best sports car ever made under $60,000.

Favorite Features

-Adjustable rev limiter -Intercooler spray -adjustable headlights -Horsepower and torque everywhere in the power band -better interior then the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution -Adjustable Center Differential control

Suggested Improvements

The only improvements I can think of is adding more power which it really doesn't need. But you can always have more power.

I love this car!!!
By It's finally mine!

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car because of it's performance combined with it's versatility. I work closely with several different doctors and have had the opportunity to drive many of their cars ranging from King Ranch F-350's and H2's to Z06 Vettes and BMW Z3's. This STI will easily keep pace with my friends' Vette, plus I have a back seat and a trunk and average 25 mpg. This is the first turbo-powered car I have owned, but the power deliver seems very smooth to me. It is very easy to putt around town in, but even easier to fly on the interstate with.

Favorite Features

The boxer engine sound is addicting. Even better is the sound of the turbo spooling up. I like the double overdrive tranny. The lights are like the Sun. I never have to worry about seeing something with no time to stop. The high beams will reflect light over 6/10 of a mile away!

Suggested Improvements

Having the I/C water spray button on the left dash is a reach. First gear tends to rev up way too fast. The ride will rattle your fillings out on the crappy Oklahoma roads. I wish we could have gotten last year's "bug-eyed" model of the STI. It was a little less noticable.

No more SUV!
By Gabiker

2004 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Absolute joy to drive! Plenty of power (any more and I'd be in trouble) and handles and drives so much better than my Explorer. Interior room was a concern, but so far I haven't missed it. I just returned from a 1500 mile roadtrip with mountains, interstates, and some snow, and the car handled it all better than anything I've ever driven. I considered the Forester, but I just liked the sportier feel (and lower price) of the OBS.

Favorite Features

AWD confidence, smooth predictable handling, not too mushy and not too stiff. More power than most cars in this class w/o having to go to turbo and premium gas (ie. VW Jetta). Very versatile as long as you don't have to carry many passangers.

Suggested Improvements

I added window tinting, which gives it a more sporty appearence. A moon-roof option would be nice. Warning: Short roof line may limit top rack-mounting options that interfere with liftgate. Just barely enough room for bikes, an extra 3 inches would be nice. Needs seat-back pockets!

2004 SUBARU WRX
By VJBEAR

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Premium Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

THE SUBARU WRX IS A REAL FUN CAR TO DRIVE.I REALLY LIKE THIS CAR ALOT .IT IS RELIABLE,FAST,HANDLES,AND IS GOOD ON GAS.YOU ARE GETTING A REAL BANG FOR YOUR BUCK.THE AWD SYSTEM IS AWSOME IN BAD WEATHER ,AND YOU WILL SHOCK ALOT OF MUSCLE CAR,BMW,AUDI,AND OTHER CAR OWNERS ,WITH THE PERFORMANCE OF THE WRX,YOU CAN WAVE AS YOU BLOW THEM AWAY I SAY GET THIS CAR YOU WILL LOVE IT.

Favorite Features

AWD SYSTEM IS THE GREATEST FEATURE.THIS CAR HANDLES WELL IN THE GOOD & BAD WEATHER.TURBO IS ALSO A GREAT ITEM.

Suggested Improvements

MORE HORSEPOWER FOR THE REGULAR MODEL WRX WOULD BE NICE,AND A THICKER SWAYBAR IN THE REAR TO REDUCE BODY ROLL.BUT OVER ALL A GREAT CAR.

SuperCar Performance...
By EmergenZ

Subaru got everything right on the STi! Look at the performance features: 300HP/300ft-lbs TQ, Short-throw 6-Spd, dual LSD's, DCCD System, Brembo's, BBS's...the list goes on. The STi's "fun-factor" is phenomenal. It is difficult to find a true flaw with this car. I've had the opportunity to now drive mine in snow, in which it did not disappoint (clad in all season tires).

Favorite Features

- Bang-for-the-buck factor - Dash Layout (centered tach, built-in shift warning system) - HID's - Ability to plant a smile on a driver's face

Suggested Improvements

The only item that I would ask for would be for the large rear wing to be an option (I would have opted for a notch-back trunk).