Used 2004 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

my scoobie
By william Stukel

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

the vehicle is very awesome i have done some mods to it and let me tell you you can really make this little car a beast with a couple hundred dollars the only problems i have had with it is that it was in for a transmission repair but that was under the warranty they have a problem with the synchros on them but after i had it fixed it runs like a charm and there is no problem again

Favorite Features

the style and the response

Suggested Improvements

rims and tires, blow off valve and a new exhaust

Sporty family hauler
By Bmilcetich

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I've only had the WRX a week but, I am constantly impressed with the level of performance built into the vehicle. The vewhicle was actually purchased for my wife, but I seem to be the one using more. The interior is small, so if you have kids or are hauling people, make sure everyon will fit. We have a 1yr and 3yr old, and their seats fit with just enough room to lower the center armrests. The cockpit is nicely DESIGNED, but sparcely appointed. If you want luxury, you can pay more but you will lose the smile factor when driving. I've been researching this for months and can't find a better blend of utility, performance, safety, and liveability.

Favorite Features

POWER, handling, ride (smooth), seats, ergonomics, exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Better radio, more/better cupholders and general storage space for odds and ends. Offer the heated seats & windshield wiper de-icer seperate from the sunroof.

I love my 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
By Aaron Davis' Subie

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I first drove one of these cars back in August 2003. It took me two and a half months to locate the one that I wanted (Platinum Silver) and get the dealer to sell it to me below MSRP. But the wait was completely worth it, and still would have been even if I had had to pay MSRP. It is a great car, fun to drive, and amazing in the rain... so sure footed! Performance is great... my dad has a 2003 Corvette and the STI hangs with it no problem and if it is raining, I leave him sitting there spinning his wheels.

Favorite Features

Styling, wheels, engine, exhaust note!

WRX STi
By mduplin

Can not beat the performance of the vehicle for the price. The fact that it is all wheel drive makes it great in the snow as well, as long as you swap out the street tires for snowies.

Favorite Features

300hp and great handling.

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel looks too cheap, lotsa plastic on the interior, and the turbo guage blocks the external temp reading.

stupid fast car
By j man

the car is just plain amazing the best car for 30,000.00 ever this car makes other sports cars look stupid

Favorite Features

the handling and power