2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
1st Subaru, and I am glad I bought it.
By jim_t on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Outback Sport on 6/1/04, and have loved every minute of driving. I'm still under the break-in period (only 150 miles left) so I'm keeping it (barely) under 4k RPM. Even keeping my Sport under 4k RPM, I still have enough power to freely move around at freeway speeds. I took my Sport and my fiancee on a nice long drive up Pacific Coast Highway from Santa Monica to Ventura the weekend after we bought it, and we were thrilled with the handling, power, and comfort. This is truly the perfect car for me. Plenty of room for the rugrats (when they come) and for Future Dog (when he is adopted).

Great little wagon!
By Tom Thumb on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After flipping cars every 6 mos for the past 2 years, I think I've finally found the right balance of everything! Has plenty of room (like my old 4Runner), handles great (close enough to my A4), gets great gas mileage (MUCH better than my V6 Accord)...This car has handling, convenience and character to spare! The boxer engine is just a gem - likes to rev, rock and roll! The 2.5L engine has PLENTY of power and torque, gets better gas mileage than the 2.0L blown version, and costs about HALF to insure. Skip the WRX, skip the 9.2X and check this one out - you won't be disappointed.

Why buy anything else really?
By chipsahui2 on 06/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Just bought an silver wagon and cannot be happier. Before I took the plunge, I was skeptical about the gas mileage as many people complained and gas prices are not pretty these days (My commute is 70+ miles a day). 1800 miles and 3 weeks after delivery date. I don't know why anybody complained about the gas. This thing is amazing with gas. I am very close to meeting the EPA estimates. My first full tank got 24mpg (already content). My last was high 26s (360 on 13.4 gallons). For you lead footers, shift before 3. I still think its enough power to move around. Overall, this is one amazing car. I can't wait until the snow comes. Oh yeah, it's fast too.

Real Car for the Real World
By drovemall on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased our 2004 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Wagon after comparing many other cars using the following criteria in order:Price, safety,reliability,asthetics,handling and practicality.We found this car to beat all contenders easily and it handles superbly. Firm enough to take a hard turn with confidence and soft enough to soak up the small stuff. The non-turbo has 168 hp and is plenty for the weight of the car and not enough to get me into turbotrouble+low insurance! It gets great mileage for an AWD and runs smooth as silk. Built 100% in Japan. Runs like its on tracks and gives me TOTAL confidence after having to make 2 life saving evasive manuvers.

Its a performance bargain...
By Magicjnkie on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

What's not to love about an all-wheel drive 227 hp turbocharged wagon? With its boxer flat 4 engine mounted down low...you can actually feel where the center of gravity is...down low where, combined with the AWD system, promotes the amazing grip that this car displays. No matter what the road conditions, the driver stays in control. Yeah, this wagon hauls...

Hottest little station wagon in town.
By Yogi29035 on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

An excellent and versatile car in all respects. Traded my 2000 Subaru Outback Sport Wagon for the 04 WRX wagon- they look a bit alike, but beyond that there is nothing similar about them whatsoever. The WRX is superior from the engine back, every knob, button and switch and everything they operate feels, sounds and works better.

Fun and practical
By Adrian Smith on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After drooling over the WRX I finally bought one and couldn't be happier. An absolute blast to drive but with plenty of interior room so it still remains practical. Before the WRX, I've always driven pickups and was worried that I wouldn't have enough space for my camping equipment, but with the rear seats folded forward there was more than enough room. Really dig the way it doesn't look like sports car, but performs like one.

No time for indecision
By DonPaco on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon. (Alexander Supertramp) In my new subaru I have seen just this. One day in the city the next racing on the beach at 70 mph. What a rush. A real sence of saftey and durability. I traded my 850 turbo wagon for the wrx wagon. What a difference. Just as much power but 1/2 the size and cargo space. It enables you to take roads you wouldn't even think of. Small suv meets sports car with the added bonus of turbo charged awd samuri, at no added cost.

WRXTREME
By wrx 2004 on 05/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Going to be a year old soon-car pretty much lives up to the hype-altough around town performance isn't great if you want to keep your clutch, although once the turbo gets going not much could keep up. Highway driving is awesome, AWD is great and seamless- goes through snow like it's spring time- what other performance car could you say that about. Just found out 2005 is even further improved (too bad for me), actually looking forward toward next WRX purchase.

Best car for the money
By dtro on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car to replace my 98 GTi VR6. I have been pleased with the car so far except that the engine light came on before the car hit 500 miles. Dealership says that it's an O2 sensor, and it's getting replaced tomorrow. Subaru has a great customer satisfaction rating.