2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
2004 wrx STi
By vtecTHIS on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

this a great all around car. fast,handles like a dream. sticks to the road like you wouldn't beleive. it is on par with many high end exotics. it will hang with or beat my father's porsche gt2 in all aspects. my hats off to subari for FINALLY bringing the sti to the usa. hopefully the battle for power and handling will continue with mitsubishi as it has for years overseas

Subaru great value
By Apollo on 09/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

The Subaru is a very reliable car, that has great gas mileage. The car is quick and agile. Turning is superior as well as fun. Overall this car is a good buy.

Good by M3 Hello STI
By MPOWERD on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is an awesome machine. I drive my sports cars like they are meant to be driven, hard and fast, and the STI will take anything you throw at it. I have never had one problem from this vehicle and I use it on a weekly basis for autocross and drag racing.

Something amazing...
By mkaczorowski on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Im not gonna go on for hours and fill this page with its max # of characters, ill simply say.... this car is not only amazing in every way but shows other car producers that they are far from catching up in making such a perfect and reliable car!

M3 and C AMG Destroyer
By Analic on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is a dream come true for all boys older enough to own a licsence. Power, speed, accelleration and oh baby looks that could take a thousand breaths away. This is an experience that can not be described in any words. So get down to a dealer and testdrive a wrx sti and experience life like never before

SC STi
By an5 on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This car rocks, it has 4 doors & a large trunk. I can fit the kids in the back and still have fun. It launches like a rocket, turns like it's on rails, and stops on a dime. I go through withdrawal pains anytime I am not driving it. I want to make trips just to drive it. You can't beat the feeling of the turbo and the 300ft-lbs of torque. The handling is outstanding and the braking is quick and sure. On top of this, it has all-wheel drive (that is computer or manually adjusted). The interior looks great and the controls are well laid out. Performance of a car costing twice as much with safety features like huge brakes (w/ABS), side airbags, and AWD.

Blue STi
By subbynut on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Owned several high performance cars. The STi is the most practical. However it does not have the same quality build/fit and finish as the german and other japanese products.

Raw, fun, sometimes exhausting
By abam on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love this car for its speed, grip, and handling, but I find it somewhat trenous to drive in traffic. That has nothing to do with the manual transmission, by the way, which shifts like a dream. My civic/integra hybrid is a manual and is more relaxing, despite its high performance clutch. I think it's the heavily caffeinated motor. Now on a wide open road, it's a different story. It's reasonably quiet but still louder than a normal WRX.

Subaru STi Rocks
By bulletboss on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I planned to test drive a number of performance 4-door sedans, but then I test drove an STi and was so blown away I bought it on the spot. This has to be one of the best, if not THE best, high performance car bargain ever. I dig everything about my STi and have to open the door to my garage several times a night just to gaze upon my resting blue devil waiting to be unleashed on an unsuspecting motoring public. As a bonus, I have instant respect from the fast & furious crowd (and even the grayinig, detroit iron bably boomer crowd, of which I am one) anytime I pull up to the gas pump or stop by the local cruise night. This car rocks!

alright
By culo on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

its a god car for the price