2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Fun work days and weekends
By WheelBenderMender on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I use the WRX Wagon for work and pleasure. I truly have to haul "stuff" (wheels) and fold the rear seats down for that. In comparison to a full grown station wagon or truck it is 10 times more fun to drive. I enjoy my "work" becuse of it. Yes, I am looking forward to every haul.

Snow, mud and backpacking
By tdxtys5rte on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

As an outdoor person, the WRX wagon cannot be beat for the fun, usability, reliability and cargo. A mechanic by trade, I could not forego the reliability of Subaru when compared to its European counterparts. I have had it a little while now and still make excuses to drive to the store or any other reason to go out in the snow and play. With a rear sway bar kit from Hotchkis, the car, even as a wagon rotates perfectly on its second setting. Great car at a great price. Managed to get it for $21,900 with 16 miles on the clock from the dealer after several hours of negotiating. Couldn't recomend it higher at the price, functionality and fun factor.

Excellent Car but needs improvement
By iluhva on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The car handles very well on snow and ice. Car handles beautifully in winter blizzard going 70 MPH on a very dangerous road. On the bad side fuel economy can be better. On average I get 21 MPG which is poor considering vehicle’s size and weight and that is has 4 cylinders. The design can definitely be improved. Subaru has a lot to learn from German automakers. It is comfortable for a driver but passenger seat and the back seats are very cramped and there definitely is a need for a cup holder or two for the back seat passengers. Mirror and wiper defrost are a must for a car that was meant to handle cold weather well.

Love it
By Mark Rossney on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought a 2004 WRX SportWagon at the end of August of '03. In a few months I've already put nearly 8,000 miles on the car. I've not had a single problem with it to date. The performance is very good. The handling (stock tires and suspension) could be improved upon, but is by no means disappointing. I got the wagon for its cargo hauling ability and have not once regretted the choice. I would buy this vehicle again without hesitation.

The Best Bang for your Buck!
By Percula on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The WRX is the best value 4door sport sedan out on the market. I am 6'4" tall, and there is plenty of head and leg room in this car. Space for seating in the rear is limited but decent. The seats are very comfortable and supportive; after driving for 120 miles straight in this car, i was not tired at all. The ride is smooth, but responsive. The steering is quick and effortless. The performance is amazing! If you stay off the turbo you can get really good gas mileage too. The standard 6disc in dash player is not the best, but it sounds pretty pretty good (for what you pay for its excellent).

Wagons Rule
By Kindnugs on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

-This car rocks. It has good handling, and a fast motor. It has All wheel drive, and it has cargo space. -So far I have put 1,000 miles on the car, and it has been a pleasure. It NEEDS BETTER TIRES but other than that it is a blast in stock form, plus it can haul a little cargo. Mileage depends heavily on how hard you drive it. -A good reference for this car is WRXfanatics.com, a forum site where you can find anything you want to know. -However you will want to add things to car the second you buy it, because the expandability in every aspect is amazing. So set some money aside for mods and go buy a Rex!!!

More bang for the buck
By NewSubaru on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The 2004 WRX wagon is fun to drive and gives you some great features (AWD, ABS, Turbo, and 227hp). The other cars in this market included the 325xi and Audi Quattro A4 wagon. I looked at the WRX while on my way to the BMW & Audi dealerships just out of curoisity

By mcduffj on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my 4th subaru (3 Legacies before). Loved them all, but this one is the most fun I've had since my old Mazda RX2.

Love My WRX
By sstevess on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had no problems in the first 3 months of driving. Solid body.

My Colorado Car
By RonK on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After moving to Colorado recently, I parted with my 2002 Jeep Wrangler to seek a more cost-efficient source of transportation that would also do well in the Rockies. After driving SUV's over the past ten years, I settled on my first "car" in a decade. It was a Subaru Outback Sport Wagon, and I drove it for a year and loved it. It carried my dog , bikes, snowboards, and camping gear all year with aplomb in all manner of weather. A raise in my salary coincided with a WRX test drive, and back I went to the dealership. What I got was the same, solid Subaru Boxer- powered vehicle with 25%+ more power, and incredible handling. Fantastic car!