2004 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews 39

2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Subarus are truly at home in Alaska
By wolfpack on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've driven subies in Alaska for about 18 years..before most people ever heard of them. The main reason is they long ago perfected reliable all wheel drive. Finally, they added fun to the equation! I got the wagon so I'd have a little more room for camping gear, the roof rack, and the fold-down rear seats. It's also cheaper to insure then the sedan, even though it's basically identical. Go figure. I've only had it about a month, but it's a fun ride. More power then anyone really needs in a car this size, but that's why it's fun. Easily became the car where I'd be tooling along and look down and notice I was going 85 instead of 65.

Fun and useful car.
By Kuth678 on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is pretty much what I expected; fun and practical. I've driven Subaru's in the snow before, and this one should be just as good (fun). My old one was an Outback sport with a 142hp engine. The 165hp in this car is a very welcome improvement. It can move. Trust me. And I haven't even gotten it over 4k rpm yet (still in the 1000 mile break in period). The styling is much better than the 03 models. This car is also a lot more solid than the older (pre 2002) Imprezas. The exterior and interior seem to have moved up a notch in quality. Plastics aren't as cheap. The doors shut with a nicely muffled thud.

Big bang for the buck
By newscoller on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Having owned a 97 Supra Turbo I am blown away by the performance of this car. 4 cylinders, 300bhp and 300lbs of torque above 3000 rpm! I thoroughly recommend this car. For the money, you won't find better and that includes the Evo, which - while quicker - does not provide the all-round performance of the STi. Bad news? Expect to pay a premium over MSRP until supply catches up with demand

Few Flaws
By Kyle Kaiser on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

A much better choice for a daily driver than the Evo. The 2.5L powerplant was an excellent choice. Excellent buildy quality and looks. Gold rims are catchy, especially with my metallic black paint with golden fleck, matches perfectly. Looks xtra sharp. Only complaints, tight back seat, little sloppy feel on the tranny.

One Word... Awsome
By Eric_W on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Premium Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

This is the best car that I have ever purchased. The handeling in the car is great and hugs the road on curves. The auto trans is better then expected. Ya, there is some power loss, but none that you could tell. With just a slight press on the gas petal... you're off. I'm glad the fixed the design from the bug eyed modle from before. Also, I was waiting for the moonroof and it is finally avalible in the 04. Don't pass one of these up!

this thing kiks ass
By bikerboy on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

hella awsome kiks the pants off a camaro

Definitely a Rally Car
By djbii on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Incredibly fast with great handling, though road grip is best during acceleration-- it diminishes when easing off the gas. Still, the car easily takes ramps or highway curves 25 MPH above signs. Very limited body roll. No tire screech with the stock "summer" tires and AWD. Torque is fair at 1500 (5th gear is possible at 20 MPH). Impressive torque above 2500. Seats are a bit hard for long rides (1 hour +). The suspension is very stiff-- moves over rolling roads (barely noticeable bounce) but absorbs potholes / rough pavement very little (even small ones are obvious). The inside comfort is limited-- but then this is a rally car.

The BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Doug Farmer on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

The Best in subaru line of Subaru cars.

Bang for your buck
By ferris on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This car can embarass muscle cars especially in the corners where it counts. Superb engine, no real turbo lag unlike my previous WRX.This is thanks to the bigger displacement and valve timing. All wheel drive is great although I have reservations as to how necessary the DCCD is. Also the suretrack front diff seems to enhance understeer not reduce it and makes a grinding noise when it is working as it is mechanincal as opposed to viscous.

great car
By STI-mulation on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

pulls hard with very little throttle, in any gear, at any revs above 2000rpm. Very sharp steering and handling. Grip is solid, but tires need to get more miles before I know exactly how much...