Used 2004 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Impreza a good little hatchback wagon
By Subaru convert

2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My first foreign car purchase. I've never had 4 wheel drive before either. So the Impreza was an all-around new experience. A good experience so far. Looked at the Matrix/Vibe, loved them but for a lower price got a loaded Impreza TS Wagon in AWD. Also looked at the PT Cruiser.. great storage space but performance, lack of AWD and very poor gas mileage. All in all very happy.

Love the AWD, love the design of the dashboard. Those red displays in the other vehicles are visually disturbing. Love the height adjustment on the drivers seat. Love the roof rack and lack of antenna on the hood/roof.

Passenger area needs larger nooks and crannies to put stuff. Map pockets in door are tiny as is the "extended" armrest, rear foot room is tiny. Also, move the retracting (great idea) cup holder away from the stereo. 2nd cupholder wouldn't hurt either. Put a light in the cargo area.

This is the All In One solution
By sagelwwa

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Premium Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

This car is the best mix of practicality, cost, performance, looks, and reliability I've ever seen! I sold my 1995 Toyota Supra Turbo with tons of modifications so that I could get a more practical car. I got this car and it turned out to be much more than practical as I had hoped. It was a great, worry-free decision to get this vehicle!

4 doors, 4 wheel drive, spacious, practical, reliable, functional hood scoop over a big intercooler, turbo, and much more!

hmmmmm, i can't say that there are any suggested improvements!

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!
By snowman01

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Premium Package(2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had the car about 1 month so far and i absolutely love it. It is so much fun to drive. It handles great on the road. The heated seats are great too. The car is on the small side, so if you have a family it may not be the best car. however, i am married and have a 5 year old and we fit fine. it is just a little smaller than most cars. it is well worth the money though.

the short throw shifter is nice. the winshield wiper and mirror defrosters come in handy too. it is just a great car. it is hard to tell how fast you are going. you easily get going 80 on the highway and cant even tell. it drives so smooth. watch for cops.

the gas miliage isnt that great. i get about 300 miles to a tank on the highway. cant do much about that though because it is a performance car. back seats. as far as i am concerned there are not many flaws in this car.

47 going on 19
By discolew

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I didn’t need a new car. I stewed over it for a couple of weeks. But, I convinced myself that I wasn’t getting any younger and besides, the Sti is a great family car. I almost bought an Evo but I felt more comfortable with the larger Sti engine. This car ROCKS! I get an adrenaline rush every time I drive it. This car looks great and has top of the line factory performance. Buyer beware…this is a performance car with a rough ride and road noise. If you are looking for a performance LUXURY car, look else- ware.

Big hood scoop, wing and boxer rumble.

Nothing that the performance tuners aren’t working on (400+ hp).

WRX Wagon 2004
By JimDeBois

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My son bought a 2002 WRX and I fell in love. I needed the Wagon so I bought the WRX Wagon with the 5 speed manual. I love it!

Performance, reliability, AWD, cargo room, stereo, looks great!

Real Carbon Fiber replacements for the interior, I don't want stick on's. Satellite radio upgrade option and an option for a Garmin type computer mapping system. I really wanted a WRX Wagon STI.