2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
You lookin at me!
By kingsti on 07/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Least expensive Viper-type performance money can buy. Incredibly docile and comfortable in every day driving conditions but is always ready for sling-shot-like performance. A truly well engineered automobile that makes driving a ton of fun.

Leader of the pack
By ha-evolution on 07/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I get excited just thinking about driving my STi. What a great car. The power is awesome but even better is the handling. This car brings new meaning to corners like its on rails. This is my first Subaru and first all wheel drive car and will definately not be my last.

WRX STI
By SubarufanJon on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I wish the price could be a bit more cheaper.And none of you young or older people could afford it only me cus im more into rally then you.

Poor Man's (11 Turbo
By Guyver on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Test one you will see what I mean.

STI is an Evo-eater!!
By Sti Girl on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

After test driving the EVO-8 and finding myself very dissapointed, I began in search of a better car. What I found was a car far superior than the Mitsu. And once I found myself at the top of a dealer list for delivery of the STI, I waited impatiently for my beast to arrive. Since I picked up my car in mid May, I've had a permanent grin on my face from ear to ear! The car is everything that I ever hoped it would be. Nobody wants to even try to challenge me.

practical performance
By yukn on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

The best car I've driven on tight, twisty roads. Suspension is much stiffer than my '98 M3. Changing the throttle between slightly-on/off seems to disproportionately affect the car's line. Practical around town - easy to drive in traffic! Lots of road noise, some minor dash rattles.

Tons of Fun and Practicality for 23 G
By LenEun on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is one demonic wagon. Addictive turbo boost and handling that comes alive at speed. You can blast into a 25mph corner at 60mph in rain and it won't lose that AWD grip. Just so much fun to drive, yet there's more cargo room than a CamCord, that is if you don't care for the backseat. Yes, the overall refinment is not up to the 25G mark and it's not the fastest car under 25G anymore either, but when you have this much fun and practicality, you have to give up something. So if you want refinement and some fun, get an RSX or a Mazda6. If you just wanna go fast, get an SRT4. But for me, this is the perfect combo of everything I need, plus some more.

Awesome
By Worrlock on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This car is insane. The power is unreal and instant not much lag compared to the wrx. I am impressed everytime I get in it.

so close to perfection
By wonkothesane on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

just picked up my '04 silver WRX. I couldnt be happier with her. AWD inspires confidence in bad weather, not to say that it makes me drive faster, but it is one less thing to worry about when on the road. Pickup is incredible, even though I havent violated the 4000 rpm limit for the break in period.

Subaru is the best!
By INUYASHA on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love driving my new Subaru!!! I love the fact that I get to see the whole road while driving. I was going to get a Honda CRV, but it costs way too much more than what I am getting from Subaru. Besides, Subaru has a Excellent ratings on Crash Tests than most of the SUVS or cars around. I wouldn't want to trade it in for anything else!!! I will always going to buy Subaru!