2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
RALLY CAR
By MJZ. on 09/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love driving my black WRX STI. It is very comfotable and you can see out of it 360 degrees. The air conditioning works great in Pennsylvania hot humid August weather.It's all wheel drive is excellent in the rain , even with factory summer tires,which will be replaced with winter tires when the snow and ice arrives. It's too bad with my driving that the car gets only 16 miles per gallon,but my Miata got 20 and it only had 133 horsepower.

WRX STi
By RallyProCar on 09/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My WRX STi is very fun to drive and the all wheel drive sticks you to the road. I was a little disappointed with the interior design. 300hp is of course rated at flywheel and not at wheels. Dyno revealed 12% drop to 264hp, which is still impressive, but a 6 cylinder would have done better for reliability and would be much smoother. The old M3s put out 192hp from a non-turbo 4 cylinder and that engine was not worth the pretty penny, but they were more fuel efficient. Don't do this to a 4 cylinder. Start with a 6 cylinder! Weight distribution could use tweaking and why is this a 6-speed? That's what you get for hiking up the hp. Engine can't handle the power!

Only one on the road
By el_picardo on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Could only afford the RS, but I love it. In bad roads and even worse weather it's the best. It is a bit hard to drive slowly though, it just wants to run.I'm a newbie to manual transmission, but this is an easy car to drive. I've only had it for 2.5 months, but any car I don't have to take in for warranty during the first week, is good in my book.

Amazing Car
By Wernsman on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is the best car in the world I would seriously take that car over a Dodge Viper any day. And if I won a Viper I would sell it and get 2 of those badass machine. No Kidding. Rock on Subaru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rally Inspired Fun
By NLR350Z on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This car will probably be the funnest car to drive becuase of its power and stability.It will out run any car in the $30,000 range, no other car can touch this one in that range period.

Intial Review, I love my new Suby!
By rhayes on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought this car, will follow up review in about 10,000 miles for an update. After a long and frustrating search, someone suggested this car, and its perfect for me! Young and sporty, reliable, and has plenty of room (was trying to get away from SUVS). All wheel drive will be great in Michigan!

ELITE CAR
By DENHAMLOT on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

THE BEST SPORTS CAR EVER MADE ITS EVEN FASTER WITH MODS

Great is you live in mountainous areas
By jayp on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car as a result of living in mountain area, and bad winters. I like the fact of all wheel drive of course, but its reliablility,pepppy, safety, fun to drive factor and decent fuel mileage was the winning factor for me. Theres really nothing to compare it to.

Best Car for Fun and Family
By exp_deal on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my WRX last weekend. I am very impressed with it. Not to mention the great horse power and acceleration that everyone knows about, the interior is actually very good and up to my taste. Some people complain about the cheap interior. For those who are doing research, you must go to dealership to see it and test drive it. It's not luxury, but it is not cheap either. The ride is much more quite than I expected. The basic sound system is not bad as well. I have a big cargo room and a roof rack that I know I would appreciate someday. For fun, family and practical use, this car is simply the greatest for the price.

ALL THE GOODS
By STIterppie on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Just an all around beautiful car and totally fun to drive. this car has everything i have wanted in a car.