Used 2004 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2004 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

The muscle car killer
By Peleg

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is just pure amazing. It can out accelerate almost any rival, it handles like a dream on turns and can stop on the dime. The interior is very nice, the seats, steering wheel, pedals, everything. The exterior speaks for itself. If you're looking for an ultra high performance sedan, that is practical and reliable, starting under 30K, you must check this car.

Favorite Features

300 hp/300 torque, you can make everyone disappear very quickly, shift buzzer, IC sprayer, Engine, tranny, suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Floor mats should be standard.

The Little Car That Could...
By Trei

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Besides its reliability and AWD, the WRX is just fun to drive! Gas mileage could be a little better, but when you're cruising on the highway, one tends not to look at how much gas is being used. I never thought shifting could be so fun!

Favorite Features

Sport seats, interior design, trunk space, and headlights are some of my favorite features on the WRX. They're something that I would have never expected out of such a compact car.

Suggested Improvements

The clutch could use some redesigning, since it is very high and shorter drivers like myself need to push in harder to shift gears. Other than that, everything in and on the car is great!

WRX STi
By disalvoj

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

With 300hp this vehichle is awesome! The unique looks and the engine make the STi worth the money.

Favorite Features

Horsepower 300 Torque 300

5 months old and loving it
By milehighsti

As a true car guy I was looking for a fun daily driver. Living in Colorado the car had to be AWD and reliable. I usually don't keep my cars for very long. I think this car will be different.It's very fast, handles well and has great brakes. I did install Blizzak LM-22 tires for winter use. This is a must. I would buy this car again.

Favorite Features

Entire driveline Brakes Instrument cluster

Suggested Improvements

I would make the giant rear wing an option.Basic CD player should be standard for 32,000-floor mats also.

Lovin' it
By routedashf

2004 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I got the OBS for AWD, performance, and price. The car is a blast to drive, even during break in (sub 4k rpm), has enough power to handle my daily driving, and plenty of cargo space for my recent move. It has great handling in snow and slush. I don't know why people complain about the stereo, maybe they shouldn't compare their old after market stereos to stock? Overall a great car with only a few improvements (see below).

Favorite Features

All Wheel Drive, Autodim mirror/compass, plenty of power, 16" alloy wheels, foglights, everything really :)

Suggested Improvements

The cupholders S U C K. The console one should hold a 20oz bottle at least, cmon Subaru. Look at the Mazda6, they got cupholders dead on perfect.