Used 2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Totally love my blue bean!
By BlueBean

2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Last year, I test drove 2003 Acura (the sporty one - apparently it was forgettable!), Subaru Impreza WRX, Hyundai Tibouron, etc. Favorite of the bunch then was Tibouron, with its comfortable passenger seat. This year was my turn to purchase a new car... test drove the 2.5 TS Impreza Sport Wagon (manual) and absolutely loved it - my first new car! My only test drive this year - It was the right choice. All around, quick and smooth - shifting took me a while to get used to after having a 91 Isuzu Trooper. I don't feel like I'm driving a wagon - more like a little rocket. Redesigned headlights are great and significantly improve the look of the car.

Power! Well proportioned-power to overall car size to seat comfort.Height pump on drivers seat is helpful for those of us average drivers (5'3")! Major pluses - AWD, cargo capacity, 40/60 back seats, decent stock CD player, $17,000. 2004 Pacifica Blue much prettier than 2003 blue!

Cupholder in center column barely too sall for a soda bottle; other cupholder is located above CD player - doesn't make sense; gas meter does not ccurately present gas quantity available; CD player is starting to skip too hot; position of center storage box is too far back & awkward.

Fun and useful car.
By Kuth678

2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is pretty much what I expected; fun and practical. I've driven Subaru's in the snow before, and this one should be just as good (fun). My old one was an Outback sport with a 142hp engine. The 165hp in this car is a very welcome improvement. It can move. Trust me. And I haven't even gotten it over 4k rpm yet (still in the 1000 mile break in period). The styling is much better than the 03 models. This car is also a lot more solid than the older (pre 2002) Imprezas. The exterior and interior seem to have moved up a notch in quality. Plastics aren't as cheap. The doors shut with a nicely muffled thud.

- Although it is an option, the rubber tray for the wagon is the smartest feature I've seen. - AWD - 165hp engine in the small Impreza is quite powerful. Unlike in the overweight Legacy. - Standard transmission shifts nicely.

- Basline stereo stinks. The first thing I did was remove it and the speakers and install some after market. - Visors are still just as bad as the old Imprezas. Cloth would be nice. - I miss the storage compartment on the top of the dash board. They should put it back in the Impreza.