2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual w/Gold-Painted Wheels Consumer Reviews 3

2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

WRX STi Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual w/Gold-Painted Wheels)

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Awe Inspiring
By TheJ on 07/07/05 14:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This vehicle is not for the faint of heart. The power and handling characteristics are "world class" but for a middle class price. The grip of Subaru's AWD, limited slip in front, limited slip in the rear and the driver or computer controled center planetery differential allow the 300 horses to do what they are designed to do. Move you at heart pounding speeds down curved or straight roads. I have owned this vehicle for two years and I love it. I have NEVER regreted my buying decision AT ALL.

As Advertised!
By JoshinMN on 06/24/05 14:41 PM (PDT)

Exactly as advertised. It's powerful, it's fun to drive. This car isn't meant to be a luxury car, so yeah, the ride's harsh. But if you want luxury, buy some slow Cadillac. And the ride's not all that bad, really. There's a few quirks and things that I've noticed, but the only unscheduled maintenance has been minor. I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am that I bought this car. If you have the money and want a fast, fun, car, THIS IS IT! You would not get me to trade this in for a Porsche, Vette, or M3 at any price. Maybe an E55 or M5, but that would be about it. And those are $50K more.

Performance, Performance, Performance
By John Nguyen on 05/19/05 12:43 PM (PDT)

This is an amazingly fast vehicle. You can definitely feel all 300 horses and the 300 ft/lbs of torque. The AWD works great and helps out in rough road conditions. This is a pure performance car with little flaws. The negatives I did find were random rattle noises, attention I get from police, unmatched green lighting on the radio and climate control, easily chippable paint, and the gas mileage. Overall this car is for the driving enthusiasts, people who love to hear the car's engine and turbo, feel the car's torque, and be able to take corners with ease. You will not find another car with this much power for the price. Test drive it and you will automatically fall in love with it!

Pound for Pound the best
By gdogg on 04/21/05 00:53 AM (PDT)

When my wife and I bought our first WRX in 2002 I had no idea what was to come. When I first drove down the street in my STi I was overwhelmed... I was like, "its really mine! My only reservations were the seats - which I already replaced with JIC Magic seats (aftermarket race seats). After adding some basic bolt ons I was impressed even more. The build quality is awesome and I know that reliability is no issue.

bang for the buck
By mak on 03/05/05 11:28 AM (PST)

I've owned this car for 15 month and put on 10,500 miles with no problems. Igrew up in the muscle car era of the 60's and 70's this car out performes almost all of them in all catagories. a lot of performance for the money. puts the excitement back into driving. I take friends my age who also know muscle cars. they can't believe it!!!

Performance for the rest of us
By Michael on 02/27/05 12:10 PM (PST)

The STi is by far the most performance value for your dollar. At roughly $100/horsepower, you will be challenged to find something else that competes (with the exception of the Mitsubishi EVO). This car is by far the most fun to drive of any turbocharged car I've owned. Running out of corners in 2nd gear with the All Wheel Drive will put a huge grin on your face every single time you do it. There are other performance cars out there such as the Nissan 350Z that are close. But the STi offers a standard cart-your-friends around 4-door (I carry both my kids car seats in mine) that you don't get with most sports cars. Bottom line is this car is a blast to drive, and is affordable.

Best Bang for the buck performance
By Glenn Ford on 01/06/05 18:18 PM (PST)

If you want a car that performs like a 60,000 dollar car for half the price this is it. Let me tell you this car is a champ with the background of a championship winning car in the World Rally Championship. A lot of the features are derived from the actual rally car. It handles awesome and accelerates awesome. This car will beat most European cars on the road easily. You will laugh at most stock Japanese cars.

Honest rating
By Dave on 12/07/04 09:26 AM (PST)

This car is a great performer, but you pay the price with a harsh ride. Fuel economy is poor, even when driven tame (15-17mpg). Build quality could be better, especially with paint. The paint seems to chip and scratch easily. Make no mistake, this car is about the engine and little else. Subaru should offer performance upgrades packages with reduced warranty coverage for those looking for more performance. If your looking for a quick car with a nice ride for the same price...look at the Infinity G35.

Very Fast Car
By Dara on 11/25/04 10:19 AM (PST)

This car is really fun to drive. It feels like a American Muscle but has AWD.

MY WRX
By STNKYHAUHAU04 on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

UPON PURCHASING MY WRX I DID AN EXTENSIVE REVEIW AND COMPARISON WITH THE MITSUBISHI EVO...FOR ONE WHOLE YEAR.BASED ON MY EXP WITH BOTH VEHICLES I FOUND THE SUBARU LESS MAINTAINANCE PRONE,ONLY B/C MITSUBISHI HAS AN EXTENSIVE MAINT.REQUIREMENTS LIST.ALSO THE SUBARU'S ACTIVE VALVE TIMING PROVES ITS BETTER SUITED FOR DAILY USES WITH IS WHAT IT'S INTENDED FOR.