2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Fun and practical
By Adrian Smith on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After drooling over the WRX I finally bought one and couldn't be happier. An absolute blast to drive but with plenty of interior room so it still remains practical. Before the WRX, I've always driven pickups and was worried that I wouldn't have enough space for my camping equipment, but with the rear seats folded forward there was more than enough room. Really dig the way it doesn't look like sports car, but performs like one.

WRXTREME
By wrx 2004 on 05/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Going to be a year old soon-car pretty much lives up to the hype-altough around town performance isn't great if you want to keep your clutch, although once the turbo gets going not much could keep up. Highway driving is awesome, AWD is great and seamless- goes through snow like it's spring time- what other performance car could you say that about. Just found out 2005 is even further improved (too bad for me), actually looking forward toward next WRX purchase.

Best car for the money
By dtro on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car to replace my 98 GTi VR6. I have been pleased with the car so far except that the engine light came on before the car hit 500 miles. Dealership says that it's an O2 sensor, and it's getting replaced tomorrow. Subaru has a great customer satisfaction rating.

Fun and Practical
By Scooby_Racer on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The ultimate in compromise vechiles, take the kids to school in no time at all. Fun and sporty to drive, while still comfortable for everyday commuting. You can even slap some luggage racks on and it's a great vacation cruiser.

Sleeper Wagon, able and quick
By P-band on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The engine, once in the power band, is raw power, serious, and breathless. The boxer flat-four gives a unique engine sound reminiscent of the traditional Porsche 911. With AWD, handling is phenomenal. Performance outperforms price and other cars in similar price range. In fact, the performance rivals that of cars priced far higher! Overall, for the price of such a playful, demonic little sport wagon, I am extremely happy with the purchase. Highly recommended for those wanting a genuinely high- performing sports car with the skill to do the tasks of small SUVs!

Sport and Utility
By gibjer on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my second Subaru, after owning a 2 door impreza L I found I needed a little more room. The rear folding seats allow for enough carry space to allow me to haul most of what I need around, and works perfect for transporting equipment for my job. On the weekends is when this car really shines, has enough power and grunt to keep me happy through the twisties, as well as on an autoX course.

Don't hesitate to test-drive-purchase
By Nigel on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I think of this car as an Abrams tank for the Average Joe. It is reasonably priced, bullet proof and has turbine engine-like performance. I feel quite safe in nearly any driving conditions and very much enjoy the reliability Subaru is famous for.

2004 Wagon turbo WRX
By Don_M on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am very satisfied with my purchase of my 04 wrx turbo wagon. I would highly recomend this car to anyone. It handles wonderfully in the snow and rain.

First Subaru, but likely not my last!
By racer on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After my VW GTI gave up the ghost, it was time to look for a suitable replacement. Having had VW's for so long, I looked around and test drove the much written about WRX, in wagon form. What a fun car. Strong acceleration and handling. AWD. Hatchback versatility. Good fuel economy. Now after some 9,000 miles in 6 months that included hot summer trips, great fall getaway drives and snowy commutes, I can say "what a great car!" My only true complaint about the car, which has been voiced in other forums, is the decidedly WEAK A/C. The car just never seems cold enough inside on 85-95 degree days.

WRX Wagon 2004
By JimDeBois on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My son bought a 2002 WRX and I fell in love. I needed the Wagon so I bought the WRX Wagon with the 5 speed manual. I love it!