Used 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

DEFINITELY WORTH IT
By ro51092

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

If you are looking for a fast 4WD car, this is yours. I have put aftermarket parts on it (NOS, Turbochargers, large Intake Manifolds, Intercoolers etc.) This car can easily do 100 mph. easily. It is definitely worth it.

Favorite Features

300 hp. engine, huge wing, rims, seats

Suggested Improvements

Standard radio

spankin new blue sti!
By bluedemon

This car is stupidly powerful. I have driven an M3 and seriously considered getting one. I chose this car over that one hands down. Overall an incredible value in spite of the hideously big wing. About the wing: both the dealer and subaru say that it really does serve a purpose and that if you remove it you will void your warrantee!!! Can you believe that? Some fans of the 80s American muscle car will remember the v6 turbo charged Buick GNX. I had one. Except for the understated syling of the all black wingless GNX, the STI is far superior in many ways especially the handling, manual gearbox, all wheel drive and the intense eye popping braking.

Favorite Features

the engine stearing and the all wheel drive

Suggested Improvements

lose the wing, 2 door version, more beefy stabilizers

Shear Power
By zac123

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first real sports car. I love the shear power of the engine. Very fun to drive and handles turns well.

Favorite Features

turbo whine, power, nice seats, aggressive look.

Suggested Improvements

gun metal rims an option, make all of the dash/ac control lights red! - had to do the mod myself. throw in floormats. atleast provide mounting holes/brackets for speakers!

Awesome
By wht93gt

I don't even own one of these cars. I went to the dealer, and a younger guy came out to help me. He then offered to take it for a test drive!!!!! It was about a half hour before closing and he wanted to kill some time. While I was driving he said to me, "don't be a girl, give it some gas. this is a performance car." so that's what I did. All I can say is WOW. I have a 93 Mustang GT and the STI will destroy it. When the rpm's hit about 2000, it feels like you just got shot out of a cannon. The car is absolutly mind- blowing. I'm now trying to find things to sell, so that I can afford an STI.

Favorite Features

everything. hid lights

Suggested Improvements

wing should be option. gold rims are disgusting on any color except black.

This Car Is Great
By Pre-diddy

This has been a great car so far, and I expect it to continue to be so for a while. The power and acceleration is excellent, (with the turbo providing a fantastic rush) as is braking and handling. Not to mention its 4 doors and AWD suit my needs perfectly. The gear box is great and I love its "center weighted" feel. Also the little touches like the IC spray, rev light/beep and adjustable level HID's, and Driver Controled Center Diff are all icing on the cake.

Favorite Features

Really, its the combination of performance and practicality in one package.

Suggested Improvements

For me at least, in everyday driving the handling is more than "precise" enough. So right now, I wouldn't change a thing.