Used 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

DEFINITELY WORTH IT
By ro51092

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

If you are looking for a fast 4WD car, this is yours. I have put aftermarket parts on it (NOS, Turbochargers, large Intake Manifolds, Intercoolers etc.) This car can easily do 100 mph. easily. It is definitely worth it.

300 hp. engine, huge wing, rims, seats

Standard radio

spankin new blue sti!
By bluedemon

This car is stupidly powerful. I have driven an M3 and seriously considered getting one. I chose this car over that one hands down. Overall an incredible value in spite of the hideously big wing. About the wing: both the dealer and subaru say that it really does serve a purpose and that if you remove it you will void your warrantee!!! Can you believe that? Some fans of the 80s American muscle car will remember the v6 turbo charged Buick GNX. I had one. Except for the understated syling of the all black wingless GNX, the STI is far superior in many ways especially the handling, manual gearbox, all wheel drive and the intense eye popping braking.

the engine stearing and the all wheel drive

lose the wing, 2 door version, more beefy stabilizers

Shear Power
By zac123

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first real sports car. I love the shear power of the engine. Very fun to drive and handles turns well.

turbo whine, power, nice seats, aggressive look.

gun metal rims an option, make all of the dash/ac control lights red! - had to do the mod myself. throw in floormats. atleast provide mounting holes/brackets for speakers!

Awesome
By wht93gt

I don't even own one of these cars. I went to the dealer, and a younger guy came out to help me. He then offered to take it for a test drive!!!!! It was about a half hour before closing and he wanted to kill some time. While I was driving he said to me, "don't be a girl, give it some gas. this is a performance car." so that's what I did. All I can say is WOW. I have a 93 Mustang GT and the STI will destroy it. When the rpm's hit about 2000, it feels like you just got shot out of a cannon. The car is absolutly mind- blowing. I'm now trying to find things to sell, so that I can afford an STI.

everything. hid lights

wing should be option. gold rims are disgusting on any color except black.

Excellent
By Dr.

When I first bought this car--Subaru WRX STI--I was stunned. It's performance is beyond comprehension and has great acceleration which makes this car match up to a Porsche 911 GT3.It's interior is sporty--not to mention expensive-looking and the exterior is excellent and craftmanship is good as well. I was happy with this purchase and you will be, too.

Exterior, acceleration, comfort and craftmanship.

Interior.