2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
One year later
By Texasube on 08/05/05 01:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Been a good little car and lots of fun to drive when driven hard. Fuel economy has been about 16/27 so far. Fine on long trips and it loves the corners. Car is a bit of work in the city, though. Always working to keep the revs in the power band and the constant rowing through the gearbox while going from one red light to another is tiring. But, that's more my problem than the car's so no penalty there.

Loving it
By Brad on 06/29/05 16:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love this car; the look, the ride, the performance, everything about it. Highly recommended.

2004 subaru impreza wagon wrx
By wrx dan on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

most enjoyable car to drive that I've ever had. Fun factor is very high. I especially like the fact that it is a hot little car and few people know about it. not like the Honda Civic on every block situation.

Love the WRX
By n632cm on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have been very pleased with my purchase of a 2002 wrx sport wagon. The car drives great! It is a big bang for the buck in my opinion. To really enjoy the car, get it over 3000rpm and enjoy the world of turbo charging. Overall a great car for the price!

Boys just want to have fun
By Tom Oliveira on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It came to me as a surprise. Without any plan about it , one night I became owner of a SW WRX . Yes, I bought it without knowing nothing about the car. Only regret I have : I should have bought one of these before. Great fun is the name of the game.

You must have this car
By JoshuaWRXOwner on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've only had this car for 8 months, but I can already say that I made a good decision buying the car. Definately a good choice to go with the wagon. All the power, with all the versitility and space. I race my mountain bike all over Wisconsin, and have never had a problem with not having enough space. I would suggest the short-throw shifter and arm-rest extension as extras that are well worth the money. Only gripes with the car is the gas milage and the fact that it runs on premium... but don't get the wrong idea, you don't buy this car for the gas milage.

Why buy anything else really?
By chipsahui2 on 06/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Just bought an silver wagon and cannot be happier. Before I took the plunge, I was skeptical about the gas mileage as many people complained and gas prices are not pretty these days (My commute is 70+ miles a day). 1800 miles and 3 weeks after delivery date. I don't know why anybody complained about the gas. This thing is amazing with gas. I am very close to meeting the EPA estimates. My first full tank got 24mpg (already content). My last was high 26s (360 on 13.4 gallons). For you lead footers, shift before 3. I still think its enough power to move around. Overall, this is one amazing car. I can't wait until the snow comes. Oh yeah, it's fast too.

Its a performance bargain...
By Magicjnkie on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

What's not to love about an all-wheel drive 227 hp turbocharged wagon? With its boxer flat 4 engine mounted down low...you can actually feel where the center of gravity is...down low where, combined with the AWD system, promotes the amazing grip that this car displays. No matter what the road conditions, the driver stays in control. Yeah, this wagon hauls...

Hottest little station wagon in town.
By Yogi29035 on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

An excellent and versatile car in all respects. Traded my 2000 Subaru Outback Sport Wagon for the 04 WRX wagon- they look a bit alike, but beyond that there is nothing similar about them whatsoever. The WRX is superior from the engine back, every knob, button and switch and everything they operate feels, sounds and works better.

No time for indecision
By DonPaco on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon. (Alexander Supertramp) In my new subaru I have seen just this. One day in the city the next racing on the beach at 70 mph. What a rush. A real sence of saftey and durability. I traded my 850 turbo wagon for the wrx wagon. What a difference. Just as much power but 1/2 the size and cargo space. It enables you to take roads you wouldn't even think of. Small suv meets sports car with the added bonus of turbo charged awd samuri, at no added cost.